What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Charity Ad Hoc donations update

markst

Over the past 10 months the committee has received a number of ad hoc requests to support a variety of good causes to the tune of £500 each.

This year, we have agreed to the following

Mongolia Rally
Mario 149 was taking part, in what can only be described as an endurance:thumbsup: rally to Mongolia to raise money for their chosen charity “ the Christina Noble Children’s Foundation”:thumbsup:

Charity bike ride – sponsorship
Sletti was taking part and requested a donation towards his chosen Charity – The Princes Trust:thumbsup:

Charity Beaujolais Run
Jules was raising money for the Henry Surtees Foundation:thumbsup: which raises funds to support cancer care and the Air Ambulance Service:thumbsup::thumbsup:

2012 Paralympics

AndrewE asked if we would consider a donation to The Will Bayley 2012 Paralympic Fund to help a world class athlete win a gold medal....and good luck :thumbsup:

kayaking the Great Glen
Tim asked us if we would support a colleague who was Kayaking the Great Glen, which links the East to West coast of Scotland, covering 70 miles of Lochs and Scottish waterways in aid of Children with Leukaemia.:thumbsup:

I am sure you will agree that all of these Charities / good causes will make excellent use of the CS donations

The Committee

we have just received and agreed to this ad hoc request from Mark Collins. This takes the total ad hoc donation amount to £3000 ,our maxium for the year:thumbsup:
Great South Run in support of Cystic Fibrosis

my Son is running in the Great South Run on 30th October in aid of Cystic Fibrosis, a cause close to his heart as he lost a school friend to it 7 Years ago. I'll be there cheering him on and providing moral support , he'll obviously run in a CS logo'd shirt

we have just received and agreed to this ad hoc request from Mark Collins. This takes the total ad hoc donation amount to £3000 ,our maxium for the year:thumbsup:
Great South Run in support of Cystic Fibrosis

my Son is running in the Great South Run on 30th October in aid of Cystic Fibrosis, a cause close to his heart as he lost a school friend to it 7 Years ago. I'll be there cheering him on and providing moral support , he'll obviously run in a CS logo'd shirt

An update to say that Richard did the 10 mile run this morning in a very credible 1hr 28mins and passes on his huge thanks for CS's support :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 7.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 342
  • 10.jpeg
    10.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 349
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 347
Over the past 10 months the committee has received a number of ad hoc requests to support a variety of good causes to the tune of £500 each.

2012 Paralympics

AndrewE asked if we would consider a donation to The Will Bayley 2012 Paralympic Fund to help a world class athlete win a gold medal....and good luck :thumbsup:

I am sure you will agree that all of these Charities / good causes will make excellent use of the CS donations

The Committee

Many thanks for this, Will will send link to his new website soon but a quick update

Will was crowned European Champion last week in Split, Croatia, beating the World No.1 in the final 3-1 !! This is an awesome result and so well deserved given all the hard work and determination Will has shown.

London 2012 here Will comes :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Many thanks for this, Will will send link to his new website soon but a quick update

Will was crowned European Champion last week in Split, Croatia, beating the World No.1 in the final 3-1 !! This is an awesome result and so well deserved given all the hard work and determination Will has shown.

:thumbsup:

Mongolia Rally
Mario 149 was taking part, in what can only be described as an endurance:thumbsup: rally to Mongolia to raise money for their chosen charity “ the Christina Noble Children’s Foundation”:thumbsup:

Charity bike ride – sponsorship
Sletti was taking part and requested a donation towards his chosen Charity – The Princes Trust:thumbsup:

Charity Beaujolais Run
Jules was raising money for the Henry Surtees Foundation:thumbsup: which raises funds to support cancer care and the Air Ambulance Service:thumbsup::thumbsup:

2012 Paralympics

kayaking the Great Glen
Tim asked us if we would support a colleague who was Kayaking the Great Glen, which links the East to West coast of Scotland, covering 70 miles of Lochs and Scottish waterways in aid of Children with Leukaemia.:thumbsup:

The Committee

Will is just about to play in the Olympics FINAL :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

best wishes to him

Will played really well in his first Paralympics to get to the final beating some really strong players in the rounds. Unfortunately the current champion from Germany was just too strong in the final beating him 3 - 1 in a best of 5

Great experience for Will and great to end with a Silver :dude::dude:

I know he appreciates the support of many including Club Scud

thanks all:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Will played really well in his first Paralympics to get to the final beating some really strong players in the rounds. Unfortunately the current champion from Germany was just too strong in the final beating him 3 - 1 in a best of 5

Great experience for Will and great to end with a Silver :dude::dude:

I know he appreciates the support of many including Club Scud

thanks all:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

fantastic result , Will :dude:

Absolutely BRILLIANT:thumbsup::thumbsup:

And I'm SO PROUD that ClubScud played just a minute part in getting him there:thumbsup:

we are happy to support andy- murph7355- in his annual Credit Suisse Banger Rallye this year . here is an outline of his challenge . good luck :thumbsup:

'There's a team of 4 of us and the idea is we buy a car for less than 500 quid (hence car related!) to get us to Milan (hence Italy related). There are "challenges" on the way, and teams accrue points for various things (car bought, amount spent, "theme" for the team, challenges completed, sponsorship raised etc). Most points wins the challenge (no prize that I'm aware of, just the honour of winning ).

Charity being supported this year is CentrePoint (homeless young kids - http://www.centrepoint.org.uk/).

The team will be fully funding the car purchase, running costs and getting to Milan (and back sans car). All money given in sponsorship will therefore go directly to the charity.'

How do I submit a request for a donation?

This year in April I am trekking to Everest Base Camp and Kala Pattar to raise funds for a charity that I support.

It is called Tong-Len and provides a hostel and schooling for the poorest children in this poor region of Northern India.

I sponsor an 8 year old boy Nanku and also donate some additional cash each month matched by my employer to help them out.

I'm hoping to raise several thousand pounds through this charitable walk all funded by me as there are some of the children who are now reaching University age and money is always needed.

I am looking for 4 Gold Sponsors at £500 each to get us (my 25 year old daughter is also coming) and will be setting up a just giving page and doing banners and t shorts with those sponsors names on.

I can provide loads more details and it would be amazing if Club Scud were to be one of the gold sponsors. I have one committed already so there are 3 places left.

Can you help?

Many thanks.

John and Ellie.

This year in April I am trekking to Everest Base Camp and Kala Pattar to raise funds for a charity that I support.

It is called Tong-Len and provides a hostel and schooling for the poorest children in this poor region of Northern India.

I sponsor an 8 year old boy Nanku and also donate some additional cash each month matched by my employer to help them out.

I'm hoping to raise several thousand pounds through this charitable walk all funded by me as there are some of the children who are now reaching University age and money is always needed.

I am looking for 4 Gold Sponsors at £500 each to get us (my 25 year old daughter is also coming) and will be setting up a just giving page and doing banners and t shorts with those sponsors names on.

I can provide loads more details and it would be amazing if Club Scud were to be one of the gold sponsors. I have one committed already so there are 3 places left.

Can you help?

Many thanks.

John and Ellie.

Let me have a chat with other comm guys and revert , John.