What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Clay Shooting

Me and my son shoot
I hate it when he keeps beating me:cry3::cry3:
I taught him too well, his reflex's are some much quicker than me seeing the bird.
Great days sport:thumbsup:

I also spend time now and then missing clays. Good way to spend a morning, though as with cars I'm not a fan of cleaning after use!

Murph
I pay the fees to shoot and supply the cartridges hence my son cleans the guns:grin::grin:
Win win, I hate cleaning them, and he does a better job than his dad:heavymach:rifle::heavymach:rifle:

Murph
I pay the fees to shoot and supply the cartridges hence my son cleans the guns:grin::grin:
Win win, I hate cleaning them, and he does a better job than his dad:heavymach:rifle::heavymach:rifle:
I have about 10-15yrs before I can follow your lead.

I might be able to hit some by then too.

What you shooting with at moment nigel ??

had a 686 silver pigeon (left hander) 30" but first left hander i have ever bought and was ok with it but never felt quite right , problem for me is for last ten years have done a lot of firearms shooting and very little shotgun up until going back to it a year ago , decided to go back to a right hander and bought a pretty little 690 28" which on its first two outings seems to suit me better .

had a 686 silver pigeon (left hander) 30" but first left hander i have ever bought and was ok with it but never felt quite right , problem for me is for last ten years have done a lot of firearms shooting and very little shotgun up until going back to it a year ago , decided to go back to a right hander and bought a pretty little 690 28" which on its first two outings seems to suit me better .

Yes
I know what you mean about 28" guns, I taught both my sons with a 28" 686 onyx 20 gauge beretta, they are so light and nimble for a game gun, even for a 20 gauge a medium to long shot can still be made easily.
I took it out a few weeks back as a backup to my benelli auto, and it's a great gun even for an olden like me so light to respond and even with light subsonic loads had loads of fun.

for anyone wanting to start out shooting I would recommend a 20 gauge short so much fun.:grin:

Health and safety hat on now:wink3:
Fun in a supervised and controlled manner:grin:

Yes
I know what you mean about 28" guns, I taught both my sons with a 28" 686 onyx 20 gauge beretta, they are so light and nimble for a game gun, even for a 20 gauge a medium to long shot can still be made easily.
I took it out a few weeks back as a backup to my benelli auto, and it's a great gun even for an olden like me so light to respond and even with light subsonic loads had loads of fun.

for anyone wanting to start out shooting I would recommend a 20 gauge short so much fun.:grin:

Health and safety hat on now:wink3:
Fun in a supervised and controlled manner:grin:

I also use a silver pigeon 20 bore 30 inch barrel which I find to be a lovely little gun as well:thumbsup:

shooting glasses

A word regarding wearing safety glasses when shooting ! i was at a team competition recently wearing my new Oakley shooting glasses , we were
shooting at clays being launched off a tall tower (driven) from the corner of my eye i could see a large chunk of a clay whistling towards me and the next second it smashed into my glasses and nose . after having my nose patched up and being a bit pissed off that my new glasses were scratched i realised that in reality a £95 lens replacement was pretty cheap in comparison to what could have happened to my left eye !!!! ALWAYS wear shooting glasses when shooting clays !!

a good chum/client has invited me at the end of this month to shoot on his estate :dude: , i need to get some practice in on clays at 50 yards plus as i have seen the height that which pheasants on his land are delivered over the guns at :shocked::shocked: , time for some binoculars and 32 gram loading :thumbsup:methinks

smallbore!

I used to shoot BSA Martini in competitions, indoor and outdoor and rapid fire at HMS Excellent :thumbsup: I would probably need to use a Twin 40mm Bofors to hit anything now:laugh:

Last edited:
I did clay shooting for the first time this summer.

It seemed to be a complete waste of good shot and clay. I think my time & shots could be used much more efficiently if i sat outside the local court house and took out the odd sub-prime waste of space xxxxx as they exit after slipping through one of the uk legal loop holes. :hmmm:

I did clay shooting for the first time this summer.

It seemed to be a complete waste of good shot and clay. I think my time & shots could be used much more efficiently if i sat outside the local court house and took out the odd sub-prime waste of space xxxxx as they exit after slipping through one of the uk legal loop holes. :hmmm:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: