What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Daytona Indoor Car Cover

I thought you had one a while back........ and didn't regret the sale at all. They go for a tidy sum these days I hear.

Don't hate me but I always liked the look of the Ferrari 365 GTC/4 more. Just looked more balanced to me. Guessing the car cover would fit one of those as well actually.

Sold it 6 years or so ago to help fund a house purchase. Did very well on the deal by normal standards (had owned it 5yrs or so), but if I'd waited 5yrs it'd have paid for the house outright. C'est la vie.

Lovely cars that handle really nicely once moving. Sound track to die for. Right sort of size for UK roads - I wish modern cars were this sort of size (an F12 is 20cm longer and wider). Beautiful looks, especially rear three quarter and especially with the original plexiglass nose.

This may sound like sour grapes - it really isn't - but they aren't worth what I believe they are selling for now (over 500k). They aren't that rare, and whilst awesome in many respects, they're not that refined and are a bit "sledgehammer to crack a nut". At 70-90k they make a lot of sense. Perhaps even at 150k. But North of that? Nah.

Nos - I don't hate you for liking the ugly "variant" of a car. You own a 348 FFS :grin:

(I don't actually mind the GTC, and in some colours it looks great. Definitely moved the V12s more deeply into GT category. You could barely give them away at 40k 10yrs ago. The Ferrari market is truly insane at present :))

There might be a small tinkling bell. Not sure if it's brought on by this thread. I of course knew you'd had a F355 and the name would give that away anyways.

Whilst you mention Daytonas, I feel the same regarding F355's. Sour grapes (a tad, yes) in that had I kept mine another six months I could have paid my mortgage off with the proceeds.:shocked: but I wouldn't have done that anyway.
Close to the price of some 458's (albeit LHD ones) is a bit mad.
However that expands to all Ferraris. Mondial's for £40k, GT4's £50-60k, the list goes on and includes even cheapo 360's which are not so cheap.

There might be a small tinkling bell. Not sure if it's brought on by this thread. I of course knew you'd had a F355 and the name would give that away anyways.

Whilst you mention Daytonas, I feel the same regarding F355's. Sour grapes (a tad, yes) in that had I kept mine another six months I could have paid my mortgage off with the proceeds.:shocked: but I wouldn't have done that anyway.
Close to the price of some 458's (albeit LHD ones) is a bit mad.
However that expands to all Ferraris. Mondial's for £40k, GT4's £50-60k, the list goes on and includes even cheapo 360's which are not so cheap.
Some gratuitous shots as it's sunny. Happy days.

Brighton0014_RJ.jpg
Brighton0015_RJ.jpg

Agree on F355s too. Again, too many made to make them even remotely worth what is being asked for them at present. In 40yrs' time once a few more have met their maker, perhaps. But not yet. F355s are truly brilliant cars...40-50k tops is where they should be IMO though.

There are hardly any Ferraris that I think are currently sensibly priced. But I've been thinking that for a few years now. I'm certain a good number of people are going to lose their shirts still. I just don't know when the madness will end. Perhaps if interest rates go up a chunk?

Anyway, good luck to current owners. I just hope they actually use them.

Some gratuitous shots as it's sunny. Happy days.

View attachment 147305
View attachment 147306

Agree on F355s too. Again, too many made to make them even remotely worth what is being asked for them at present. In 40yrs' time once a few more have met their maker, perhaps. But not yet. F355s are truly brilliant cars...40-50k tops is where they should be IMO though.

There are hardly any Ferraris that I think are currently sensibly priced. But I've been thinking that for a few years now. I'm certain a good number of people are going to lose their shirts still. I just don't know when the madness will end. Perhaps if interest rates go up a chunk?

Anyway, good luck to current owners. I just hope they actually use them.

Love that Daytona Andy.
I keep up with Aldous's 360 webpage. The last two months 360's have dropped slightly. He suggests that perhaps it's all levelling off. Let's hope so :thumbsup: