What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Dino "chairs and flares". How do I confirm this is original from factory?

Pang

I'm looking at a 246 Dino. It has the flares, but how do I confirm this is factory original?
I tried contacting Ferrari HQ but they say they do not keep a record. Gave me a list of the world wide dealers!

I suppose I have to ask the seller and track down the original dealer, if they still exist?

Any guidance appreciated.

Pang

Try your regional Ferrari Owners Club, i though Ferrari kept such records, but could be wrong.

A few threads on this on ferrarichat.

Also search dinoregister and have a rummage there.

My friend, who has an extensive ferrari database, has nothing on the car in question. This means it is probab ly not a UK cxar though he is making further enquiries with Tony Willis.

Can you tell us more about the car. Is it RHD or LHD. What seats does it have? As you may well know teh classic "chairs and flares"Dystona style seats - hence the "chairs" bit.

Give me as much information as you can and I'll see what more I cdan find out.

My friend, who has an extensive ferrari database, has nothing on the car in question. This means it is probab ly not a UK cxar though he is making further enquiries with Tony Willis.

Can you tell us more about the car. Is it RHD or LHD. What seats does it have? As you may well know teh classic "chairs and flares"Dystona style seats - hence the "chairs" bit.

Give me as much information as you can and I'll see what more I cdan find out.

Sorry. I did not mention it is NOT a UK. It's in Malaysia. I think I'll have to find the original dealer. Thanks for trying. Much appreciated.

Here's info on the car from Tony Willis.

"246GTS delivered to Singapore Rosso Chiaro with Nero hide and wider wheels. The engine is not original as it was changed in 1994 by Hong Seh Motors."

So yes, the flares are original but the engine isn't.

Here's info on the car from Tony Willis.

"246GTS delivered to Singapore Rosso Chiaro with Nero hide and wider wheels. The engine is not original as it was changed in 1994 by Hong Seh Motors."

So yes, the flares are original but the engine isn't.

Thanks for following up. Very much appreciated.