What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Expensive 348 ???

Museum piece. You couldn't actually drive it or the value will plummet. My car's having her MOT as I type this, think I'll stick with a car on the road (as long as she passes :laugh: )

I would hope for a full restore at that price. Coolant pipes,fuel pipes will be on there way out due age and perishing. I wonder if its got a sticky interior? Low miles doesn't mean it's A1., as the bhp shows it's only firing on 5 cylinders😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If I had the money and had an emotional attachment to the 348 it would be a no brainer for me.....
It will sell once the right buyer comes along.

There are a couple of cars I'm looking for (not Ferraris) and if a delivery mileage one came up and I could afford it. I'd buy it without question.....and I'd then use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't criticise anyone for buying it but the first 10k miles you do will cost you £80k in depreciation. If money is no object then why not? But do you really get anything over and above a mint condition one with some miles on the clock other than the numbers on the odometer? It may be bought by someone who'll take it out but far more likely it remains static in a collection. Again, not criticising, each to their own.

p.s. Passed no advisories :)

I wouldn't criticise anyone for buying it but the first 10k miles you do will cost you £80k in depreciation. If money is no object then why not? But do you really get anything over and above a mint condition one with some miles on the clock other than the numbers on the odometer? It may be bought by someone who'll take it out but far more likely it remains static in a collection. Again, not criticising, each to their own.

p.s. Passed no advisories :)

80k to a lot of people is peanuts Pete....
If it genuinely looks and feels like a new car then it does offer something.
Potential buyers will be small in number (maybe none, we'll see) but how many of these are out there?
LHD is the real negative as there could be a few more....

Potential buyers will be small in number (maybe none, we'll see) but how many of these are out there?
LHD is the real negative as there could be a few more than RHD cars.

But if £80k was small change to you, would you really be after a 348?

If you wanted retro, you'd look at older cars I would have thought. On the other hand, if modern was your thing then a Speciale might fit the bill

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

LHD is the real negative as there could be a few more....

Yep, I know £80k is nothing to some people, hence my comment that if money is no object then why not :thumbsup:

My point was that if the next owner does drive it then they 'kill' what it is - a delivery mileage 348 and it becomes 'just' another LHD 348 ts. Sure, if you have the money and want to then why not but if you're going to do that you may as well buy one with a few miles on the clock to start with. Maybe someone will but I think the likelihood is it'll disappear into a private collection somewhere and will remain that way.

But if £80k was small change to you, would you really be after a 348?

If you wanted retro, you'd look at older cars I would have thought. On the other hand, if modern was your thing then a Speciale might fit the bill

People would have asked the same about a 246 a few years back, just depends on what you want. There was a guy on Fchat who was a 'serial' buyer of Ferraris, had all sorts including an F40 at one point. He bought and sold several but hung onto his 348. Someone like that might go for this sort of thing. They feel a lot more like the last old style car than the first modern one to drive. I've driven several of the V8s and the whole feel changes at the 355, probably mainly due to the power steering I guess.