What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

F430 sports seats

thecook

I have electric Daytona’s in my 430 and at 6”4 I feel too high in the cockpit. OEM race seats are like hens teeth. I track my car a fair bit so not too concerned with keeping things OEM, does anyone have any experience with Recaro or similar seats? I’m looking to reduce weight and get lower. Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The OEM seats were made by sparco so maybe more available than you think.

I have em and with the harnesses it really makes every drive a special occasion

Thanks for the info. I’m going to check a few Sparco seats and see what works. BTW, if retro fitting one what’s the correct way to anchor them? Are there mounting points in the car already?

Are there mounting points in the car already?

The four bolt holes for the standard seats for example ? Racing seats tend to have four mounting holes and then there are a myriad of brackets to use to bolt them down - these tend to have loads of holes some of which if you are lucky should line up with your car's - as advised in 2015 go look at Demon Tweeks - brackets as well as seats

Cheers. That’s my plan with the seats. I meant to say harness though, are there already mounting points for that? Tx.

Not sure about that.
My 430 has them bolted directly to the rear bulkhead and there is no place to fix inertia reel belts (at least at first glance) but I imagine the chassis were built with both options available and only trim being different. That maybe far to logical and cost saving for Ferrari but maybe someone on here has done it.

I have electric Daytona’s in my 430 and at 6”4 I feel too high in the cockpit. OEM race seats are like hens teeth. I track my car a fair bit so not too concerned with keeping things OEM, does anyone have any experience with Recaro or similar seats? I’m looking to reduce weight and get lower. Any recommendations?

PS even though I have the carbon sports seats I still drilled two extra bolt holes 15mm further forward on the seat rails (at the back there are already two un-used holes there to suit). For my 6'3" frame that turned the seats from mildly irritating and hip pain inducing on long runs to just perfect so bear this in mind if you find factory parts.

Not sure about that.
My 430 has them bolted directly to the rear bulkhead and there is no place to fix inertia reel belts (at least at first glance)

My F430 has both factory fit harnesses AND inertia real seat belts. You can just about see the black inertia reel belt emerging from the B pillar behind the passenger seat in this photo ...

F430-3S.JPG

Wow - what year is that?

Was it a dealer fit thing as my carrozzeria scaglietti brochure says it's one of the other in the UK market..?

Puzzling as I want harnesses in my 599 but believed it was no go.

PS what's the hole in the trim above the seat?

Last edited:
Can anyone share a photo of the harness mount points behind the seats please. I’d like to see if they are there but simply covered by the trim. Tx.

Wow - what year is that?

It's a 2005 car

Was it a dealer fit thing as my carrozzeria scaglietti brochure says it's one of the other in the UK market..?

Puzzling as I want harnesses in my 599 but believed it was no go.

Harnesses were installed at the factory but I believe the inertia real belts were done at the supplying dealership.

PS what's the hole in the trim above the seat?

It's not a hole it's a retractable coat/suit hanger. The driver side has one too.

Gets stranger, my car has no such things in the roof as they built into the back of the carbon sports seats. You press a little button and the suit / coat hanger thingy pops out...

Gets stranger, my car has no such things in the roof as they built into the back of the carbon sports seats. You press a little button and the suit / coat hanger thingy pops out...

Yes, my roof mounted ones are button activated too. They sit flush until activated.

I assumed they were standard fitment on all F430.

Yes, my roof mounted ones are button activated too. They sit flush until activated.

I assumed they were standard fitment on all F430.

No

My coupe has them deleted and the trim is different hence my ignorance and not knowing what they were.

Seems unnecessary unlit you to hang a coat with Harnesses fitted whence it makes perfect sense.

I have factory fit harness with no inertia reel belts (2006 car) and was very worried that I dont have any coat hangers in my car :cry3:

Just had a look and I have the same as slapshot ......... embarrassed to say I never knew they were there :laugh: I dont have anything at all on my carbon sports seat to hang a coat on. Mod what year is your car ? I am amazed that for the few cars that had harness from the factory fit, that the design has been changed to move the hook to the seat ???

Here is my hook in the open position

20171113_181714.jpg

I also had a feel of the pillar where an inertia reel would go and I can feel a small sort of void where the inertia reel would go but its just smooth leather trim. I also checked out the attachment points for the rear harness belts and cant find anything obvious i.e no evidence of any sort of plate under the trim. My guess is that the bulkheads were modified on the production line for the few cars that had a harness ???

I’m currently looking for an F430 and am holding out for the right car with carbon sports seats.

I’ve been to see quite a few now and they all feel different. I think the seats came in different sizes. Is that correct?

Is it possible to adjust the seat other than the recline? I.e adjust side bolsters etc

The seats come in small medium and large etc. I main dealer told me thjat the factory changed the spec on most to large as they had lots of people asking for smaller seats then discovering they are to small for regular use.

My car (2006) the only adjustment is slide backwards/forwards and recline. I have seen others that have a little lever that you can operate which tips the seat forward (like a three door hatch seat). Mod has the seat hook on his and I have a vague memory of someone having a "compartment" on the back of the seat you could slide a map into ? so I guess there are a few designs out there.

They are very comfortable and I think its one of the most desirable interior features on any 430.

Agree with that - allegedly ALL uk orders that spec' medium seats were changed after the first UK car arrived with an obviously 'italian' medium seat and the owner being unable to get in the car :thumbsup::grin::cry3:

I will take some pics of mine when I get it back from the workshop.

It is 2007 car with 60th anniversary plaque

Seats are certainly a great upgrade