What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Ferrari alarm/immobiliser question

Kyodo

Hi all
Does anyone know if the immobilisers fitted to later Ferrari's, in my case a 2010 California would be Thatcham (Cat 1) or equivalent?

I've just looked at my insurance renewal and although I specified at the time it had the factory immobiliser, the small print states theft is covered only if the vehicle is fitted with a Thatcham Category 1, either factory fitted or fitted by an insurer approved installer.

Any ideas?
Thanks, M.

Hi all
Does anyone know if the immobilisers fitted to later Ferrari's, in my case a 2010 California would be Thatcham (Cat 1) or equivalent?

I've just looked at my insurance renewal and although I specified at the time it had the factory immobiliser, the small print states theft is covered only if the vehicle is fitted with a Thatcham Category 1, either factory fitted or fitted by an insurer approved installer.

Any ideas?
Thanks, M.

Factory fit were / are the highest Thatcham level at time of manufacture.

It is highly unlikely and indeed unreasonable to expect owners to have to rip out the factory alarms.

Both my Ferrari's have had trackers from new 07 / 09 cars

Thanks. I have no reason to believe our car has been messed with in any way. I know it has the factory tracker fitted (although currently unsubscribed). I'll ask them about the small print prior to renewal so I guess they'll say factory-fitted is good enough.
Cheers, M.