What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Ferrari F355 Berlinetta Manual

The most expensive one I had seen advertised was maybe 3 years ago at a Ferrari dealership that I think was one of the F1 Rosso Targa's with c 10k miles on the clock for around £125k but as there are so few there is no possibility to gauge their premium. Also not too many people know of them so you need someone quite knowledgeable on the other side of the trade. It was not special edition in Europe like the 100 limited run in the US. It was just an option ... that very few (16) people ticked in the UK.
From a driving perspective the pack does make a considerable difference in my view ... but that is if someone wants to use vs store it.

I fully intend to use the car, I do around 2k a year so I wanted to find the best example I could that will last as long as possible, I’m not to concerned about re sale as I plan on keeping the car indefinitely, but figured if the cars only covered 13k it should last a good few years to come before a big rebuild.
I like the idea of the car being a little rarer and more user friendly with the better steering and suspension etc. I have a track car however so I wouldn’t be tracking this car purely for Sunday drives around wales on sunny days 👌.
I do fully appreciate I could save 40k and buy say a 30 thousand mile standard car with good history and a lot of the problems ironed out.
It’s a tough decision.

2k miles per annum is a sweet spot for me. When I was doing that mileage, the car ran like clockwork and needed nothing but standard wear and tear items. When I bought a 3rd Ferrari and also had 2 kids I am now not even managing 500miles in it and my bills are just getting bigger. When these sit around everything starts needing attention. On top of that, parts prices have sky rocketed more than the cars themselves. Sourcing them is also becoming a problem. I had one of my ECUs pack up in my Stradale. I was lucky to find a new one through contacts but none were available globally. It cost me £3500! I don't even what to think how I would source a fiorano spec ECU given its a hybrid road and challenge car one ... let alone how much it would cost.

BTW have a look at this thread on the 355 Fiorano
https://clubscuderia.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?48281-F355-with-fiorano-handling-pack
There is talk there of the rosso Berlinetta Manual and it seems to be a different spec to the one you describe. Maybe good to get the chassis number and check with the main dealer ti confirm if it is an original FHP car if you are considering it.

It’s defiantly an original fiorano pack with challenge grill confirmed from Ferrari them selves.
I think I am going to put an offer in and see if we can get the deal done.
Will keep everyone posted.

BTW have a look at this thread on the 355 Fiorano
https://clubscuderia.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?48281-F355-with-fiorano-handling-pack
There is talk there of the rosso Berlinetta Manual and it seems to be a different spec to the one you describe. Maybe good to get the chassis number and check with the main dealer ti confirm if it is an original FHP car if you are considering it.

The numbers quoted in that thread and repeated here are obviously out. It list only one rossa corsa F1 Berlinetta but two contributors to the thread have one and I have a third. Probably all the other numbers are out too. A dealer could look it up or get it from MyFerrari or check the ECU. Somebody sourcing aftermarket or challenge components won't have this.

Attachments

• 683CE85A-2FD5-4222-A303-120377E5C01A.jpg
    683CE85A-2FD5-4222-A303-120377E5C01A.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 5E32A7B6-3A2E-4CA7-9D18-0AE2E98E5FE9.jpg
    5E32A7B6-3A2E-4CA7-9D18-0AE2E98E5FE9.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 151
  • 31963380-E1DC-427B-8BF6-F515A7C83DF8.jpg
    31963380-E1DC-427B-8BF6-F515A7C83DF8.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 148
The numbers quoted in that thread and repeated here are obviously out. It list only one rossa corsa F1 Berlinetta but two contributors to the thread have one and I have a third. Probably all the other numbers are out too. A dealer could look it up or get it from MyFerrari or check the ECU. Somebody sourcing aftermarket or challenge components won't have this.

I think the numbers quoted were UK cars, unless your car was also a UK car. I think there was another list that I saw showing 18 UK cars but I cant find it.

Interesting. None the less there aren't many about!

In your picture of the ECU, I would not think that that was proof of original spec as quite a few cars were retrofitted herein the UK with the Fiorano spec after that and some did install the right ECU too as I did see this advertised at the time.

RED, F1 GTS FHP,

I have one of the red F1 GTS cars. Great to see some of others being listed. I was never quite sure how many got produced.