What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Ferrari F430 Coupe

supercarsaviour

Hi all,

I have to say thanks to the information/detailed on this forum I've utilised it before purchasing my first Ferrari F430.

The spec is as follows:-

2005 Coupe
Grigio Titanio external
Grey leather internally
Full Ferrari Main dealer service history
F1 transmission
Carbon Sports seats
rear camera / parking sensors.
Screen with Sat Nav
Upgraded Hi-Fi + Amp

I'll be going through the parts/upgrades/maintenance to enhance my driving experience during ownership of this magnificent piece of engineering even though almost 15 years old.

Pictures to follow...

F1 Transmission problems

During a drive I was stuck at traffic lights unable to select 1st gear. Oh dear, key off, restart - limped it back.
I could hear the pump slowing down when the drivers door opened, thought the pump was at fault, not strong enough.
It was the original one dated 2004 manufactured by Denso.

Replaced with a new one and all sorted.
The pump on time logged was 7273 minutes or 121h21m.

Purchased and installed the Scud ing swiss Advanced version of the relay, to monitor the pump cycles and general health of the F1 system.

If anyone is interested in rebuilding the original motor brushes dimensions are 8x5.7x(17mm or shorter)

F1 Oil Change

The oil hasn’t been changed since 2012 when a pipe burst with a fluid leak.

The oil system on the F430 shares both the gearbox actuator circuit and the e-diff, no real way to completely empty and refill.
What I did was cycle the following:-

Left it over night so the accumulator would drop all pressure allowing oil back into the oil tank.(lid open)

Undo the feed pipe from the tank to the pump block, this drains oil from the tank, this is approx 300-350ml of fluid.
Connect all hoses back up and fill up the system to the correct level.
Go for a drive > to cycle fluid
I repeated oil change 4 times.
Granted it doesn’t remove all fluid, but at least its refreshed.

Once the Tank had new fresh fluid in the clutch system was bled via the screw, the clutch system was under pressure during this, you need a diagnostic computer for this.

Oil I used was Petronas CS Selespeed.