What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Ferrari Racing Days 17 - 19 September 2021

Ordered tickets but not received yet. Wouldn't expect them for a couple of weeks yet and they may well be electronic if Silverstone are doing the ticketing and that it how it has been for the GP and and Classic weekends - not without problems for the later I hasten to add.

Just about to buy 2 weekend tickets - does anyone have a promo code for these? ;-')

Seem to remember that the previous 2 times I've been the tickets were free if you came in your car - thius time shopping basket is showing £84 - bit of a jump!

BTW - 3 day tickets £30 per adult. If you are not an FOC member I am sure your Ferrari dealer will give you a code.

Never been an FOC member and never set foot in any dealer! :-(

Going with my wife so assumed I need 2 tickets which is £84 (not sure where I got the £80 from)

Ferrari Racing Days 2021 Tickets.jpg

Your not missing much, just salesmen intermittently trying to blow smoke up your ass!

I had the opposite at my local main dealer the first time I went. Pitched up in the Skoda and went in looking as scruffy as usual wearing jeans and a tshirt. Bloke came over, offered me a coffee and asked if I'd like to be shown round. Showed me some of the cars, chatted about Ferraris generally, showed me round the workshop etc. Was only at this point I mentioned I owned a 348 which I booked in for an engine out belt change (which they price matched to my local indie).

I think there are all manner of dealers from a bit stuffy and standoff-ish to pretty welcoming.

Obviously this was north of Watford where people are more friendly anyway but I don't think that's the only reason ......... :grin:

I had the opposite at my local main dealer the first time I went. Pitched up in the Skoda and went in looking as scruffy as usual wearing jeans and a tshirt. Bloke came over, offered me a coffee and asked if I'd like to be shown round. Showed me some of the cars, chatted about Ferraris generally, showed me round the workshop etc. Was only at this point I mentioned I owned a 348 which I booked in for an engine out belt change (which they price matched to my local indie).

I think there are all manner of dealers from a bit stuffy and standoff-ish to pretty welcoming.

Obviously this was north of Watford where people are more friendly anyway but I don't think that's the only reason ......... :grin:

Much of it in high end dealerships (across the board) is personality dependent of the individual staff members and much of it you cannot detect at interview unless you hit them with mystery shoppers, role playing and apply a bit of pressure.

What annoys the hell out of some people delights others and vice versa.

Different strokes for different folks as the saying goes

Just booked myself 2 tickets for the Silverstone Interactive museum (£20 each for buying in advance).

I don't know how practical it's going to be but I was going to park the car up as normal with all the other cars then walk across to the museum? Is this a practical - the museum says that they have their own free parking and entrance is near main entrance to circuit. Or am I best just visiting the museum and parking there and then when done move the car to the circuit (which will most probably be about lunchtime)???

Just booked myself 2 tickets for the Silverstone Interactive museum (£20 each for buying in advance).

I don't know how practical it's going to be but I was going to park the car up as normal with all the other cars then walk across to the museum? Is this a practical - the museum says that they have their own free parking and entrance is near main entrance to circuit. Or am I best just visiting the museum and parking there and then when done move the car to the circuit (which will most probably be about lunchtime)???

Initially I thought to advise getting the car in first as Silverstone can be a bit anal about arriving late. But this will not be a full event, and thinking about it more, the event is based out of the Wing which is a long long way from the entrance and museum and I've no idea what courtesy transport is going to be available between the two places.

So my considered advice would be to visit the museum first then drive to the Ferrari Parking at the Wing.

If you're there on the Sat hope you'll manage to find me. Any of the guys parking the Ferraris will point me out.