What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Help For Heroes - Kilimanjaro

Siy

Hi all.... Not expecting anything, but it doesn't hurt to spread the word in here.

I am climbing Kilimanjaro in a couple of weeks, at the beginning of October 2016

I am doing this in aid of Help For Heroes, and have so far raised a total of almost £4500

It's a huge challenge for me, having done nothing like this before, but I am looking forward to trying

If anyone has a few 'spare' pennies, then my just giving link is here....
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/SimonMcGuiganKilimanjaro

Kilimanjaro summit is 5,895 metres or 19,341 feet high.... the biggest likely problem (other than sleeping in tents!!) is altitude sickness, as at that height the air is very thin.

Appreciate any help at all...many thanks
Simon

Blimey, good luck Simon. It's on my bucket list too but so far I've only managed a fly-by. The worry I'd have is the altitude, I've been close to 4000m and you can certainly feel it. Watch out for Leopards!

Attachments

• kili.jpg
    kili.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 229
Blimey, good luck Simon. It's on my bucket list too but so far I've only managed a fly-by. The worry I'd have is the altitude, I've been close to 4000m and you can certainly feel it. Watch out for Leopards!

Thanks Kyodo - great pic! I am certainly getting a little nervous as the date gets closer... will let you know how it went.

Simon perhaps drop a PM to the committee o there, they may be willing to make a contribution from Club Scuderia :thumbs:

Simon perhaps drop a PM to the committee o there, they may be willing to make a contribution from Club Scuderia :thumbs:

They may well do. Will talk with the other members of the committee and get back to you, Simon :thumbsup:

haha - cheers Nigel - got the original message too!
Am now somewhere in between really excited and really nervous!!!

Simon, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The committee has agreed for the club to sponsor you £250 so you can add that to the total. Give us a shout when you've completed your trek :thumbsup:

Wow - That is amazing guys.... My huge thanks to the committee for their generosity.

That was very unexpected indeed.

Help for Heroes is such a great charity, they will be incredibly grateful.

Thank you to all members for making this possible too....
6 Days till I go, so the nerves starting to build... Will let you know once I get back how it went!!!

Thank you all very much indeed!
Simon

Wow - That is amazing guys.... My huge thanks to the committee for their generosity.

That was very unexpected indeed.

Help for Heroes is such a great charity, they will be incredibly grateful.

Thank you to all members for making this possible too....
6 Days till I go, so the nerves starting to build... Will let you know once I get back how it went!!!

Thank you all very much indeed!
Simon

good luck and best wishes , watch out for the altitude sickness :shocked:

Home!

well... I made it - just!

The Kili trek was a lot harder than we had anticipated - altitude sickness really hada few struggling - but we completed and summited at 6am last Tuesday.

A huge thank you again, for sponsoring me on this challenge. Despite it being the hardest thing that I have ever done, it was also one of the most amazing experiences possible, with a fantastic team of like-minded people.

Will never forget it...

Have raised just over £8000 for Help for Heroes, so am delighted with that!

Off to bed now!
Simon

Well done, Simon. Fantastic effort for a great cause. I've sent you a PM and we'll get the money the club sponsored you sent out.