What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

how do I turn over the 360 without the engine starting

You can remove the spark plugs then use the starter. No plugs = no compression, so the engine will turn over quicker, and oil everything up without serious loads on anything. I do this on aeroplanes, but not sure if a Ferrari will decide the world is about to end and gift you every warning light and fault code under the sun 🤣

Can you just pull the fuel pump relay/fuse? That’s more a question than a firm suggestion.

I just used to turn mine over with the immobiliser active although I believe some cars won’t turn over if immobilised?

The immobiliser enables the start relay ... or if you have an F1, the F1 TCU enables the start relay after its logic has been satisfied (if the immobiliser has also given the ok).

Pulling the fuel pump relays should do the job. The injectors probably won't open due to insufficient fuel rail pressure. The spark plugs will fire.

The fuel pump relays are powered by the LH Motronic and RH Motronic fuses. i.e. not the "+15" Motronic fuses. It would be interesting to see if pulling these fuses allows the engine to crank (as the fuses affect lots of other things)