What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Hybrid Mules?

sweeni

Took these on my recent Maranello trip and all appear to be Hybrids, except perhaps the one in the last photo. This is quite clearly a non-road legal track car emerging from the factory on the road. Only in Maranello.....

Photo 1 may be the same car as photo 3 which is an SF90 I think - 2 has a hybrid triangle but seems to be using a current body

The beginning of the end!

Biggest disappointment at Silverstone was how quiet the 488 race cars were; even the missus was unimpressed! Only going to get worse with the food processors. If I was Makita I’d patent the sound of their drills!

Last edited:
The 1st one is a mule for the new portofino coupe due to be launched in the next week or two.

Didn't realise they were bringing out a Portofino coupe, not sure why anyone would want one given that the current car has a hard folding roof, surely it'll look indistinguishable.

Didn't realise they were bringing out a Portofino coupe, not sure why anyone would want one given that the current car has a hard folding roof, surely it'll look indistinguishable.

I thought the same. Can’t see any USP. Maybe a V6 hybrid and a ‘cheap’ entry car?

+1

What on earth would be the point? Surely the whole appeal of the Cali/Portofino is the folding top. I guess someone will buy it because its got a prancing horse on the front but a hard top only Portofino would be utterly daft imo.

+1

What on earth would be the point? Surely the whole appeal of the Cali/Portofino is the folding top. I guess someone will buy it because its got a prancing horse on the front but a hard top only Portofino would be utterly daft imo.

Agreed, until I thought about it...

Most people who want the bling haven't got the nuts to own a mid-engined sports/super car or a (admittedly hardtop) convertible. Perhaps this fills a hole, like the little brother of the F12/812?

Agreed, until I thought about it...

Most people who want the bling haven't got the nuts to own a mid-engined sports/super car or a (admittedly hardtop) convertible. Perhaps this fills a hole, like the little brother of the F12/812?

Perhaps. Still think the whole point of that part of the range is the fact they are convertibles but I guess they’ll still be a nice car without that ability.