What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Is this How Much they are fetching

Which probably explains why there have been two 348's go through eBay recently without an HVAC panel, and additional console switches between the seats (which I assume are manual controls for the blower etc..)

Someone must recondition these for a fraction of that?

Trevor.

I did see a thread somewhere (not sure if thread was on fcars), someone taking one apart and reconditioning it himself..... mine is working fine so never tried it myself, but didn't seem too hard to do.

If I can find it:hmmm:, I'll add the link :thumbsup:

Its not my thread you saw but I took mine apart as I was having a few inconsistencies with the operation. A bit variable on what worked or not. As I was doing some staibilant work I included having a go at this. I didn't go to deep into the system but managed to split it apart and addressed what I thought may be a problem area. Here are some pics of what was inside and the area I looked at. All I did really was apply the staibilant to the pins shown and the plugs on the back of the unit. The good news is something worked as no problems since. Lucky I guess.:hmmm:
Just a word on the Staibilant. I spoke to an electronics engineer (Ex F1) about the good or bad of this product and the most important thing he said was to use it as described by the maker by which he meant the dilution with alcohol needs to be correct and not to use it neat. Other than that he said it was an ok product and was worth a go. Clean connections with IPA first too.

View attachment 132691View attachment 132690View attachment 132689View attachment 132692View attachment 132693

Sorry to also hi-jack, but when "inside" did you see anything to control the brightness?
Mine works great,cracking heater and ice-cold aircon, but you need the roof on (or it be dark) to see what the LED is displaying.
(or have I not RFM'd ?)

Sorry to also hi-jack, but when "inside" did you see anything to control the brightness?
Mine works great,cracking heater and ice-cold aircon, but you need the roof on (or it be dark) to see what the LED is displaying.
(or have I not RFM'd ?)

No brightness control that I saw. I agree, not great in bright situations but mine is adequate. TB so no roof off for me. One of those crap Italian things I guess. Maybe a high resistance somewhere. I bet it varies a lot on these older cars.