What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Kenotek Anti-Insect test (1 litre, £7.49)

MoreThanPolish

Kenotek Anti-Insect test (1 litre, £7.49)

‘Wax-safe easy removal of insect residues’

We do try to test as many of the products that we stock as possible, so I had the opportunity yesterday to try this on my 360. Anything that retains the wax the car is protected with and minimises hands on washing is very welcome, so I gave it a go.

As you can see the car was heavily spattered with a variety of insect bodies plus evidence of a couple of larger hits.

Kenotek%20Anto-Insect%20before.jpg
[/URL]

The product is supplied in a large, robust yet tactile 1L spray bottle and I sprayed around the affected area. The car was dry and cool. I also did the wing mirrors, no bugs on the rest of the car due to its aerodynamics, it seems.

Left the product to dwell for about 3-4 minutes and ran my finger over a small area to assess how it felt – a bit slimy is all I can say. Then blasted it off with a strong jet of water – I prefer not to use a pressure washer on this car, as its rarely really dirty anyway.

Results: I have to say pretty amazing. The insect bodies just disappeared with the water jet (I left one of the mirrors to wash off with a sheepy mitt and with one wipe they were off). There was simply nothing left. Brilliant, and inexpensive too.

This is now part of my wash routine for the summer – in fact, later on I used it on my silver Range Rover which has none of the aerodynamics and collect insects within yards of being washed. When washing off here, I could see complete insects floating away, so clearly the product unbonds them somehow.

http://www.morethanpolish.com/kenotek-car-care.asp