What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

LITTLEHAVENS DUNTON TRACKDAY 2011

just a suggestion guys

to avoid any delays in getting the passengers out for the rides first thing and to actually start on time, perhaps the briefing should be given earlier in short to past drivers and later in full to any new drivers, had it been raining then those in the que would have got soaked having to wait over half an hour

Well done Bruce, a great job, more so in making your brand new MP4 available for rides :thumbsup:

Feedback from public.... I have just met someone who came to the event and expressed how impressive it all was and for such a good cause. He said the line up of cars and the variety was a pleasure so see let alone hear.

just a suggestion guys

to avoid any delays in getting the passengers out for the rides first thing and to actually start on time, perhaps the briefing should be given earlier in short to past drivers and later in full to any new drivers, had it been raining then those in the que would have got soaked having to wait over half an hour

Certainly at all track events run under MSA rules there is a requirement that ALL drivers get the full briefing - irrespective of how many briefings they've been through before. I think that is sensible because there is no proof of who has been through what briefing before and anyway, it's a good reminder. Safety is the most important thing at such events and it is (as I can vouch for) all too easy to become blasé about it

I don't know what problems (if any) there were on the day but skimping on briefings is IMHO not the answer An earlier start for the briefing, or a later publicised start for the riders is a better answer:thumbsup:

I don't know what problems (if any) there were on the day but skimping on briefings is IMHO not the answer An earlier start for the briefing, or a later publicised start for the riders is a better answer:thumbsup:

Agreed, but the answer is pretty simple really. Start the briefing at the planned time, not 40 mins afterwards :thumbsup:

Most drivers were there on time but were kept waiting.

We only had 6 cars in the Blue Ribbon and 3 drivers were delayed by the briefing. So we had a huge quebuilding up. We pulled in a couple more like Tony's CS and Bachi's Atom too.

Chris then turned up in the Enzo and he had his own personal que which was fine and a lovely surprise for everyone.

A whole heap of praise goes to Pete's lovely missus Kat who ran the queuing system perfectly.

I think the normal que was ok but we were def short of BR despite all the drivers going out non stop. The public were choosing their cars so it's difficult to get a car in and have it more popular than what we already had.

I am not sure how you do it at Dunton, as I could not go, but the efficiency of getting people in and out of the cars and onto the track is key to the number of rides. At DDO this year we increased the turnover of rides by over 20%. One of the main ways we did this was in constantly having a queue of loaded and ready cars waiting to go and the marshalls were flexible as to how many cars were on track. Rather than limit the cars they picked a point on the track that when the first car reached it they would stop releasing new cars. This meant that we went from a strict 10 cars to an average of 12 to 13.

IMO - more cars rather than less are required but they should be given slots. Only a few drivers are happy to keep going all day and therefore accepting more cars but limiting them to certain times will even out the number of cars available during the day. From my experience there are always too many cars in the early morning and too few in the late afternoon.

I would be happy to help out next year Bruce - if you would like.

All good thoughts BUT its Fords Track and there is absolutely
no way they will allow more than 8 on at a time indeed they wanted to reduce it at one time to 5:thumbsdow:wink3:

Certainly at all track events run under MSA rules there is a requirement that ALL drivers get the full briefing - irrespective of how many briefings they've been through before. I think that is sensible because there is no proof of who has been through what briefing before and anyway, it's a good reminder. Safety is the most important thing at such events and it is (as I can vouch for) all too easy to become blasé about it

I have attended many briefings at MSA & FIA events,they are far shorter than this.

the briefings were far too long but as said its their toy so we have to put up with it.

Would have helped if some had not asked idiotic questions that simply encourage the H & S guy:thumbsdow:wink3: