What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Max Verstappen

cgt

Most exciting new driver (forget the 'young' part) in years. Seems like the older guys can't handle being shown up by a kid. Mistake yesterday notwithstanding, he is a breath of fresh air in a pretty boring era of F1.

Most exciting new driver (forget the 'young' part) in years. Seems like the older guys can't handle being shown up by a kid. Mistake yesterday notwithstanding, he is a breath of fresh air in a pretty boring era of F1.

+1:thumbsup:

A world champion in the making.

I agree, its an interesting battle with Sainz (who is also worthy of a mention)
Currently Sainz is 4:2 up in quali, but Verstappen was definitely "on it" round Monaco.

Gut feel with a flurry of "power circuits" incoming (Hungary excepted) they might disappear down into the pack for a bit but certainly nothing appears to phase either of them.

Pity Verstappens clumsy driving may cost Lewis the title. :thumbsdow:thumbsdow

Exciting but not sure he is ready for F1:hmmm:

Pity Verstappens clumsy driving may cost Lewis the title. :thumbsdow:thumbsdow

Exciting but not sure he is ready for F1:hmmm:

Of course he is ready for F1. One mistake, how many has all the others on the grid made?
Mercedes are responsible for their mistake, not Verstappen.

Hamilton has dominated Rosberg so massively since Spa last year (with the exception of Barcelona) I doubt this will be any more than a temporary blip in his charge. To be 20 seconds ahead of his team-mate in an identical car around Monaco speaks volumes, especially as Rosberg was undoubtedly driving hard to keep ahead of Vettel.

There is some debate about whether Grosjean brake tested Verstappen but if he did or not, Max is embarrassing many of the more experienced drivers which naturally creates a lot of resentment towards him, this is very clear in listening to some of the comments about him.

It was ironic to hear Massa bleating about Verstappen when he had a right old crashfest at Monaco in his Sauber days, and as for 'Crashjean'... short memory.. :laugh:

Hamilton has dominated Rosberg so massively since Spa last year (with the exception of Barcelona) I doubt this will be any more than a temporary blip in his charge. To be 20 seconds ahead of his team-mate in an identical car around Monaco speaks volumes, especially as Rosberg was undoubtedly driving hard to keep ahead of Vettel.

There is some debate about whether Grosjean brake tested Verstappen but if he did or not, Max is embarrassing many of the more experienced drivers which naturally creates a lot of resentment towards him, this is very clear in listening to some of the comments about him.

I've read two different stories - that Grosjean braked earlier, and another that said he braked later. But I don't think it matters. Fact is that Max (and also Sainz) are really really quick and also are good racers. Looking forward to seeing them in even better cars. The Torro Rossas seem good but they are far from the best in the field. Good luck to the two young chargers!

My comment was more in reference to the follow up question to Massa by David Croft (which Max opened the door to) to which Massa was squirming. I agree with you Max was in the wrong but I dislike the hypocrisy of others who appear to be closing him off undoubtedly because they feel threatened. The body language in the press conference was very telling.

He did make a mistake but his unshakeable self belief is another characteristic of all the true greats and I like that.

And the sheer hypocrisy of Massa (who was benched for a season at Sauber to calm down) and Crashjean who did far worse in their early careers makes them look pathetic and envious.