What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

New 430 owner with insurance question regarding imported f430

Backitoff

Hi people. Firstly, I would like to say hello as this is my first post. I have been a Porsche owner for many years and have finally decided to take the plunge and come over to the dark side lol.
I have the opportunity to buy an F430 which was originally from Singapore. From what I can make out, the spec is the same as UK, barring a KM speedo and odometer reading.
My question is, will I be able to insure this as a normal UK car, as it has been here for a number of years? If not, would I expect to pay a higher premium because of its origins?

Thank you.

I've got no direct experience, but yes someone will be willing to insure it for you - for a price, of course. And that answers your second point - insurers look for any chance to increase a premium. I doubt it would be a huge amount more than an equivalent UK car though

as long as its registered in the uk and MOTed; it will be fine.

my 355 is a US import, no issues insuring it.

value and annual mileage will be the key factors on insurance costs.

if you want no thrills etc try Admiral, for something tailored more to ferrari ownership call locktons. i go with the latter as they have a number of advantages that i want/ like.

For some reason Locktons have never been competitive for me - and they admit they don't know why either. I'm over 40 and live in an area of the country where the only crime is the odd bit of sheep rustling.

I'm with Footman James on some kind of collector's policy, which has saved me £1,500 per year over Flux who I used to use. That's for all the cars in the household

i can certainly get cheaper than locktons but i want the extras they have, ferrari track day coverage, my choice of repairers and any driver cover is handy.

i did try them once for a multi car; that was a joke, do just insure separately