What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

New to you car photos

wheels1

It’s been a little quite of late, so how about a thread showing Ferrari car bought [sorry if there is a thread like this already, and please reomve]
I sold my Cali T [it was for sale on here] for this Portofino, it’s like a space ship in comparison, I just plugged in my android phone in and Google maps came up on the sat nav!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 202
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 199
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 203
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 202
Great looking cars:thumbsup: I think the Portofino is a good looking car, clearly a big step on from the Cali in looks and tech. Any interior pics of those two?

From my 355 thread; so sorry for the repeat. "Accidently" added a 355 to the garage this summer! :grin:

355.jpg

All lovely :)

I agree the Portofino is a massive step forward from the California in terms of styling at least (I can't comment on the mechanics/tech). I'd happily have a Cali but the bulk of the rear and silly face are very difficult to get past, whereas the Portofino addresses those issues and then some :thumbsup:

The Portofino is stunning in that colour......:thumbsup:

The 812 looks lovely in yellow also. I'd think I'd be a bit boring for a V12's with Silver/dark greys but I do like that.

Great looking cars I must say, loving the Blu. :)
Photos of the inside as requested.
Its odd, but the silly things make you smile the most, when in 360 parking mode a CGI image of the car comes up, and in real time as you open the door the one on the screen does the same! I am sure it is probably standard on most modern cars but its new to me, just glad the last guy/ girl paid for all these extras :laugh:

Attachments

• e237ad48473f4a23ac8d2fd005be74ab.jpg
    e237ad48473f4a23ac8d2fd005be74ab.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 173
  • bddc3a04645942cc854fe1a11e1c035b.jpg
    bddc3a04645942cc854fe1a11e1c035b.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 171
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 173
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 174
  • 558727e259cf4225be370235b47ee30c.jpg
    558727e259cf4225be370235b47ee30c.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Be careful bigging-up the technology on here there are many members who are still mourning the loss of cranking handles for keys, let alone start buttons and TFT screens :cry3:

Only joking of course...

Great looking cars I must say, loving the Blu. :)
Photos of the inside as requested.
Its odd, but the silly things make you smile the most, when in 360 parking mode a CGI image of the car comes up, and in real time as you open the door the one on the screen does the same! I am sure it is probably standard on most modern cars but its new to me, just glad the last guy/ girl paid for all these extras :laugh:

Liking that interior:thumbsup: Daytona seats...hmmmmm! :laugh:

Just joined the forum so a great post to say hello with. Hope everyone and their families are keeping well.

I am hopefully picking up this lovely machine this week. Sadly swapping my California T that I have really loved and will be sad to see it go but I am hoping to not be disappointed with the 488. Pics of both cars below.

24D6E56F-9336-43EA-8E55-4FFCE8C67EA2.jpg

1F608004-852E-4932-9C5E-E48AA26273B6.jpg

F0F817D6-FEC6-45D1-8928-C49B9E12A919.jpg

C2F9DCD6-4A81-4993-B666-3175F85C0068.jpg

53873CD1-3081-4983-8307-BD5AD0F938FA.jpg

Attachments

• 918B0FA6-0249-4FC1-8EE8-7514AFDF2ED9.jpg
    918B0FA6-0249-4FC1-8EE8-7514AFDF2ED9.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 148
  • 5E20A9E7-FBD7-471F-9ACE-C5DDD792659B.jpg
    5E20A9E7-FBD7-471F-9ACE-C5DDD792659B.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 61E41596-976C-41B8-ADFF-B5C2D2DD199D.jpg
    61E41596-976C-41B8-ADFF-B5C2D2DD199D.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 145
  • 0B73EBC1-5BD3-4F59-981C-C6579D7398C1.jpg
    0B73EBC1-5BD3-4F59-981C-C6579D7398C1.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 144
Be careful bigging-up the technology on here there are many members who are still mourning the loss of cranking handles for keys, let alone start buttons and TFT screens :cry3:

Only joking of course...

:laugh:

Each to their own, Mod, each to their own :)

I actually do like the tech, but only when it improves the enjoyment, not tech for tech's sake. Nice clear moving map for journeys :thumbsup: Tech that means the car significantly 'helps' you drive or worse still takes over if it deems it necessary :thumbsdow Actually I don't mind the 'helps you to drive' bit for longer journeys, I'd just prefer none of it to be there for blasts in the countryside.

I think the real difference between you and me (as an example of either sides of the 'argument') is I can see the fun in most modern tech but I can also see the fun in old school 'raw' cars. My perfect garage would have one of each, if Adrian ever got round to swapping out the 355 for a Cali/Portofino I think that'd just about do it for me.

Last edited:

Only joking of course...

Just be thankful that he's not telling us (these many members) yet again to put more miles on our cars. Not joking of course..........

I quite like the tech if the car is great to begin with. I hired a stupid Peugeot SUV type thing in Nice last year and other than the tech (similar to that described above) the car was utterly meaningless, a small nothing car in big clothes. The Portofino on the other hand is a different story altogether :) :thumbsup:

I actually do like the tech, but only when it improves the enjoyment, not tech for tech's sake. Nice clear moving map for journeys :thumbsup: Tech that means the car significantly 'helps' you drive or worse still takes over if it deems it necessary :thumbsdow Actually I don't mind the 'helps you to drive' bit for longer journeys, I'd just prefer none of it to be there for blasts in the countryside.

I think the real difference between you and me (as an example of either sides of the 'argument') is I can see the fun in most modern tech but I can also see the fun in old school 'raw' cars. My perfect garage would have one of each, if Adrian ever got round to swapping out the 355 for a Cali/Portofino I think that'd just about do it for me.

Close, but I’d hope to look at an 812 gts if they head the way v12s seem to do! (A long term ambition for sure).

As an aside I dislike all the drivers aids I’ve experienced; even the now “basic” stuff of collision warning on the bosses mini. I really don’t need the car beeping at me when driving down country lanes and cars/tractors/etc pass going the other way! They are by in larger dangerous in my view as they give a false impression of reducing the requirement of the driver to pay attention and drive. Stuff like the birds eye view of parking sensors is I think cool though!

Close, but I’d hope to look at an 812 gts if they head the way v12s seem to do! (A long term ambition for sure).

As an aside I dislike all the drivers aids I’ve experienced; even the now “basic” stuff of collision warning on the bosses mini. I really don’t need the car beeping at me when driving down country lanes and cars/tractors/etc pass going the other way! They are by in larger dangerous in my view as they give a false impression of reducing the requirement of the driver to pay attention and drive. Stuff like the birds eye view of parking sensors is I think cool though!

Whats your favourite example of a piece of tech you actually despise and vice versa which piece of historical automotive enjoyment do you genuinely miss?

Example: I don't like fake noise attenuators and I genuinely miss the old Police vs. Cameras

That's a very close match Ryan. You just need to get the roof wrapped now to Match you Cali T. :)
I also swapped my 812 for this in the summer, great spec. but more importantly it came with a Capristo X pipe and rear box's and remote for the valves, it puts a grin on my face every time I dive it.

Attachments

• re2.jpg
    re2.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 121
  • re3.jpg
    re3.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 121
  • re4.jpg
    re4.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 119
  • re1.jpg
    re1.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Whats your favourite example of a piece of tech you actually despise and vice versa which piece of historical automotive enjoyment do you genuinely miss?

Example: I don't like fake noise attenuators and I genuinely miss the old Police vs. Cameras

I don't think I really despise any modern tech as such, just not sure some of it adds to the enjoyment of driving. Some of it, if it makes driving easier and more relaxing, I quite like if I'm 'travelling' just not really if I'm out for a fun blast. Most modern driving aids probably fall into this bracket for me. I just don't want or need them when pressing on down a country lane and the fact they are there would only allow me to go faster than was really sensible. In fact I'd undoubtedly have to go faster to get the same 'buzz' - I do agree with the adage that it's more fun to drive a slow car quickly than a quick car slowly........ to a point at least.

Miss is a difficult one as my 348 is pretty basic but if I was pressed to choose something it'd be more in the tinkering department than the driving one as she feels pretty basic to drive. Cleaning and balancing carbs perhaps? In an old car you always felt you could positively effect how the car ran with a bit of tinkering, these days the ECU pretty much does it for you. There's only so many times I can 'balance' the MAFs and clean all the electrical connections before I concede that it makes bugger all difference to how the car runs :)

I think it goes back to what I said before - "Each to their own". As Ron alluded to (if alluded is the right term in this instance.....) I quite enjoy my car even when I'm not driving her. Tinckering, cleaning, polishing, and sad as it may seem, just looking at her. It's all part of the ownership experience and enjoyment as far as I'm concerned and I quite like the fact she's not the sort of car you can just jump in and drive every day if you want. If I did I'm not sure (for me) it would feel as special. But it really is each to their own - for those who just want to jump in, turn the key (or push the button or maybe say a password or whatever they come up with next) have everything always work and just drive an easy to live with modern car as many days as they can, all power to them. We all enjoy our motors in different ways :thumbsup:

Last edited:
That's a very close match Ryan. You just need to get the roof wrapped now to Match you Cali T. :)
I also swapped my 812 for this in the summer, great spec. but more importantly it came with a Capristo X pipe and rear box's and remote for the valves, it puts a grin on my face every time I dive it.

Tell us about the change what’s better what do you miss from the 812

Not a lot really, the gear changes were instant on the 812 and are just a bit slower on the F12, what I don't miss is the 812 nervousness, when going slowly on country roads it was very hard to keep in a straight line and wandered all over the place, the F12 is nowhere near as bad but I do have Michelin tyres on it. Also the bumpy mode ride quality is far better in the F12, in the 812 it was hard to tell much difference with it on.
When I got back into the F12 after owning one in 2016 it was like putting on an old shoe and I felt very at home.
The high pitched wail of the Capristo exhaust on the F12 is amazing. :grin:
Over all the F12 is a great machine. :thumbsup: