What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Spider or italia - red, white,black or silver?

Wilpert

Yes,
I know it’s all down to personal choice but as per my other posts, I’m in the lookout for a 458 spider.
BUT, having seen the prices I’m having to adjust my sights a little.

Ideally would like to spend max 150k for a spider but I’m aware I could get similar mileage and spec car in Italia guise and save 20k.

So, it seems (but I’m happy to be proved wrong) that the non reds, seem a tad cheaper but again I know it’s a personal choice.
Also, the non carbon seats wouldn’t be a dealbreaker for me.

I know I shouldn’t be doing this but I keep concerning about resale because I’m rubbish at keeping cars for long enough. I struggle with 2 years but I guess if I get the right car, I might well hang on to it for a bit longer.

I saw a nice Grigio Italia with red interior, main dealer so 2 years warrnaty, no bells or whistles I.e. carbon this or carbon that. It’s very tempting but as it’s not in the safe colours and spec is basic, would I struggle come resale time?

In essence, if I spent more would I recoup the extra £££s in a couple of year for a well specced model and do peeps just shay away from lower specced models even if they are cheaper?

Hope I’m not breaking rules posting this link but I’d welcome opinions on this one.

https://preowned.ferrari.com/en-GB/...na/458-italia/ZFF67NHC000175790-1684318953735

I think what I’ve asked is help me choose, but I’ve put it in a convoluted way

Last edited:
I think you'll generally get back any extra you pay - if you go for a good spec'd red Spider you'll pay significantly more than a less desirable colour lower spec Italia but you'll get significantly more back.

If it was me buying a 458 and both a Spider and Italia were within reach I think I'd go for a Spider. I often drive with the roof on in my car but there's something pretty special about driving with the roof off from time to time. If I was buying a 360 or F430 I may go for a hard top, I just prefer the lines a bit to the Spiders, but in a 458 (and newer V8/V6) with a convertible hard top you really do have the best of both worlds. I wouldn't regret getting an Italia, how could you, but on a glorious day I think I'd occasionally wish I could put the top down.

Simple question - in your Cali do you always drive with the top up? If yes an Italia is probably the choice for you. If the answer is no, you often have the roof down I think you'd want a Spider.