What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Strange F355 alam siren issue

William

Hi all

I have recently completed the much documented alarm siren fix on my 5.2 car by fitting an external battery pack with a 7.2v rechargeable battery as per many write-ups on here.

Battery - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000IWXVU6?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

It was the later siren which is bonded together with the green VARTA 140mAh batteries soldered on.

Following the repair, everything worked as expected - dash light was gone and chirps came on lock and unlock.

I have since had a strange series of events in order as follows;

1. Car alarm going off shortly after locking
2. Dash light remaining lit
3. Lock/unlock no chirp at all
4. Chirp only on unlock

I have tried isolating power for 24 hours to little change. I haven't yet extracted the siren to investigate as it seems as if there is power to the siren given the last event (4) today.

I have just come back from a 1,000 mile trip over 4 days and it went from fully working to (4) now, hence I dont think it can be a charging issue.

If anyone has any insight, I'd be really grateful.

Many thanks

Will