What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Testarossa

Car looks stunning :thumbsup:

Re tyres, you can't really buy them ahead of time, at least there's not a lot of point in doing that. Tyres have a useful life whether they're on a car or on a shelf as the rubber hardens over time. Unless you do a pretty high mileage for a car like that you'll be changing them on age, not on ware. The clock to changing them will be ticking whether or not they're on the car so your best bet is to get the youngest tyres you can on the car now, no point having them sitting on a shelf as they are effectiving wareing out even if you don't use them. Hope that makes sense :)

Good point, I’ll get my tyre guys to date the ones on there and make a decision, I was expecting them to be old so figured they’d get replaced when I restore the wheel bays...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Started on the window motors, all looks good, just waiting for the new grease to arrive before I put everything back together...

So, it’s been a fun few weeks,,, loving the car, no problems so far (touch wood).
Changing the gearbox oil next week, after a drive down to Silverstone this weekend.

Thanks again to everyone for your advice so far...