What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Testarossa

Hi Jason,
Great to hear you are soon to become a Testarossa owner.
Have you had the chance to test drive the car to check the gearbox?
Also, the report does not mention the age of the tyres. It might be worth replacing them if they are too old.
Looking forward to hear about your first drive.
Greg
Thats almost certainly the case. Good luck sourcing a matching set.

So today was a good day, 3 hours driving home with my new toy...

What a noise, that flat 12 is something else...

Slightly sticky into 3rd gear but it definitely loosened up on the drive, seeing as it’s only covered 500 or so miles in the last 7 years I think we need to put some miles on the clock before we decide on what need attention...

I’ll post some pictures later... buying a new battery and looking for a full set of tyres...:grin:

Great news, look forward to the pictures.

Hope you didn’t mind my words of caution re the gearbox. It was just with the numbers involved ie quoted cost of investigation vs worst case scenario of requiring a rebuild, it seemed like an option that was worth thinking about. That said I understand the wish to just get on and jump in. We’ve all been there :)

Great news, look forward to the pictures.

Hope you didn’t mind my words of caution re the gearbox. It was just with the numbers involved ie quoted cost of investigation vs worst case scenario of requiring a rebuild, it seemed like an option that was worth thinking about. That said I understand the wish to just get on and jump in. We’ve all been there :)

I’m with you on that, it was more the logistics of having the car sent back to Greypauls for the inspection and times I could collect the car as it was a 3 hour drive home etc... I will be using it sparingly until I have a chance to investigate further.
Currently looking into all the other little jobs off the inspection report...hahaha.. bought a battery and it didn’t cost £399.26 ...

- choose the little picture icon
- select your picture from “computer” “choose file”
- you then have to click on “upload files”, this bits not obvious, to me anyway;
- if the picture is too big it won’t upload. Can’t remember the size limit.

I’m sure somebody will be along to correct the above!!!

Download Tapatalk if you use a phone for the pics.

Then attach using the paper clip not the picture icon. That way they display on a browser

IMG_9415.jpg

Far easier for pics than pfaffing about with a browser.

Thanks for the Tapatalk suggestion... much easier to organise the chats I’m following...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Such an iconic car.

Didn't realise it was a single nut wheel version. Don't want to keep asking questions, but did anyone try to release the nuts as part of the PPI?

Such an iconic car.

Didn't realise it was a single nut wheel version. Don't want to keep asking questions, but did anyone try to release the nuts as part of the PPI?

[emoji85]that’s a dilemma I’m putting off for now... I know they can be awkward...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So today was a good day, 3 hours driving home with my new toy...

What a noise, that flat 12 is something else...

Slightly sticky into 3rd gear but it definitely loosened up on the drive, seeing as it’s only covered 500 or so miles in the last 7 years I think we need to put some miles on the clock before we decide on what need attention...

I’ll post some pictures later... buying a new battery and looking for a full set of tyres...:grin:
Not great choice on the 255 x 50z x 16R 99w, i got my set from US:

https://www.tirerack.com/cart/HoldingArea.jsp

Not great choice on the 255 x 50z x 16R 99w, i got my set from US:

https://www.tirerack.com/cart/HoldingArea.jsp

These guys have stock of tyres in my size...

https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/classic-car-tyres/ferrari/testarossa.html

Might just buy them so I have a spare set...

Going to get the doors stripped down, and clean out the window motors, change the gear box oil and enjoy her for the summer...

Then start work on stripping out all the wheel bay’s powder coating all the arms, re-sealing the suspension and spraying the bays...

What a car though... it makes me grin ever time I look in the garage...

Car looks stunning :thumbsup:

Re tyres, you can't really buy them ahead of time, at least there's not a lot of point in doing that. Tyres have a useful life whether they're on a car or on a shelf as the rubber hardens over time. Unless you do a pretty high mileage for a car like that you'll be changing them on age, not on ware. The clock to changing them will be ticking whether or not they're on the car so your best bet is to get the youngest tyres you can on the car now, no point having them sitting on a shelf as they are effectiving wareing out even if you don't use them. Hope that makes sense :)