What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

The 2020 Committee Election process starts on Saturday 29th Feb

mon the fish

Administrator
Staff member
Dear Fellow Member,

I've been asked to do the honours as RO ... for reasons unknown I've agreed, and as I've never done this before this may be amusing for all concerned. Anyway...

Position up for Election

There is 1 (one) Committee position up for election – francisn (Francis)

The Returning Officer will be mon the fish (Gordon).

Timetable

Saturday 29th Feb (Day 1)

Returning officer appointed by the Committee - COMPLETE.

Email out to eligible members noting the election has started – in progress...

Anyone wishing to stand for the position up for election should PM the RO....NOW

1100 2nd March (Day 3)

Window for submitting nominations closes. NB In case of query, timestamps on PMs will be the determinant on meeting this deadline!

RO posts names in the Announcement thread as they are received and will announce final list after 1100.

3rd March (Day 4)

Campaigning begins

Q&A thread created

Manifestos can be submitted to the Announcement thread via PM to the RO.

A single dedicated campaign thread can be set up by each candidate.

All club rules will be rigidly enforced (including PM rules see the Constitution pages if in doubt).

Midday 4th March (Day 5)

Voting opens.

We will be using an internal "survey" to carry out the vote again this year (it worked fine last year so no need to incur additional expense). The thread will be placed in the Club Lounge and the link also posted here. A final email reminder will also be sent.

Voting will also be allowed by PM to the Returning Officer (mon the fish)

Midday 6th March (Day 7)

Campaigning officially ends. ALL election threads will be closed. Alternative threads are NOT to be opened.

Midday 10th March (Day 11)

Vote closes.

Midday 11th March (Day 12)

Result announced no later than this date/time (to allow time for the RO to post outside of work/running/dossing about)....

Should you have any queries, please send a PM to the Returning officer or the Committee.

Due to some particularly stupid behaviour on my part (continuing to try and connect to clubscuderia.com instead of .co.uk...) I've not been on here since the site went down.

I can confirm Francis has been re-elected successfully, commiserations Francis :grin:

Due to some particularly stupid behaviour on my part (continuing to try and connect to clubscuderia.com instead of .co.uk...) I've not been on here since the site went down.

I can confirm Francis has been re-elected successfully, commiserations Francis :grin:

Not entirely stupid Gordon, we have six domains all pointing to the site. The .co.uk and.org.uk once are easy and quick to transfer which I did as we moved to a new server. .coms and others take longer but that is in hand. We have also taken the opportunity to move the domains from the control previous admin GrahamS, who wanted that to happen to my own account at Heart Internet. I didn't want to do that until my re-election was confirmed, but now I am in position for another 3 years I think it is the sensible thing to do and have actioned it.

I will be discussing more with the comms.

For many the Covid -19 situation has given many people more spare time. But as I was already retired but still pretty busy, I have found that I have even less time to do things than before as there are all sorts of other demands. Strange old world!