What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Tit's on a Fish !

Tackleberry

Seeing as the radio in these cars is about as much use as "tits on a fish” (does nothing more than fight a loosing battle with the orchestra that lives in the boot !) I though it was time to remove the dead weight as I simply do not use it (sat nav and hands free being equally poor).

Of course that leaves a gapping hole that needs to be filled which is very nicely taken care of by the “Scud” Blanking Plate.

However try finding one of those in the classifieds !

I resigned myself to the fact I will have to pay a small fortune for a new one, so I instructed my local dealer to place the order.

There was the inevitable “it’s going to be 6~8 weeks for special order items”, which I was prepared for, but was pleasantly surprised when after just three weeks I got call saying it had just arrived and ready to send to me.

And here it is……………..

fullsizeoutput_12d7.jpg

fullsizeoutput_12d8.jpg

A genuine improvement :thumbsup:

I had an amplifier behind the HAVAC that a previous owner had put in. At least that’s what I think it was. It was loose so I removed it about 2 years ago. No idea if taking it out effects the stero - not felt the need to switch it on since. In fact I can genuinely say I have never listened to music in my car, no idea at all if the cd player works.

My thoughts exactly !
I turned the radio on once when I first go the car 4 years ago, thought thats a load of sh*t, and never bothered with it since.

I must admit, our radio occasionally gets used on the motorway but other than that, not really. We took a whole bunch of CDs on our trip to Maranello and I don't think we played even one!