What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

To Lighten The CC Brake Thread

Is Paul gonna have CC brakes on his next car

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • He's getting soem off JRS

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
I can't see what all the fuss is about and why folk seem to be disliking what I said I am only talking fact and straight from Ferrari UK Technical Dept, who I spoke to for about 25mins about the subject, I thought it was helping, I give in!!:disappoin

inkyboy360 said:
I can't see what all the fuss is about and why folk seem to be disliking what I said I am only talking fact and straight from Ferrari UK Technical Dept, who I spoke to for about 25mins about the subject, I thought it was helping, I give in!!:disappoin

We're not challenging you over this - we're challenging Ferrari. What they appear to have said doesn't make a lot of sense and we're all trying to understand it. For that reason there's no need for you to be defensive over it :thumbsup:

ric355 said:
We're not challenging you over this - we're challenging Ferrari. What they appear to have said doesn't make a lot of sense and we're all trying to understand it. For that reason there's no need for you to be defensive over it :thumbsup:

Fair point chap but people keep saying they can "see" and visibly measure discs and pads but thats impossible according to Ferarri UK Tech dept, sorry if I'm having a go at anyone but I was seriously trying to highlight something for everyone about the CCB's that no-one seems to have discussed here before.

Steve thanks for the timeout thread!! Good idea I think.

inkyboy360 said:
Fair point chap but people keep saying they can "see" and visibly measure discs and pads but thats impossible according to Ferarri UK Tech dept, sorry if I'm having a go at anyone but I was seriously trying to highlight something for everyone about the CCB's that no-one seems to have discussed here before.

no probs mate, we will see before long, people will probably be moaning about having to spend 10k on brakes

inkyboy360 said:

LOL , Paul if you go back and look I agreed with exactly what you have said in my response to Tony. And no I am not going to sell you my cc disks when I switch to Standard steel ones :wink3: :wink3: :wink3:

JRS said:
LOL , Paul if you go back and look I agreed with exactly what you have said in my response to Tony. And no I am not going to sell you my cc disks when I switch to Standard steel ones :wink3: :wink3: :wink3:

Or me!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup:

inkyboy360 said:

Paul

The pads wear down just like standard ones and can be measured. They start out at 11mm thick and the wear sensor is at 4mm. The discs on the other hand do not appear to wear down and need to be weighed to asses "material" wear. Hope this helps all the CCB owners out there.

regards
james

SteveP said:
no probs mate, we will see before long, people will probably be moaning about having to spend 10k on brakes

Not me , I've already started to save up and have a set on order for next year. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Reason I didn't get them. You don't need them for road use, and they're too expensive (for me) for track use. Unlike steel discs that warp, if you don't look after carbon fibre - i.e. do what the garage says - any failures will be catastrophic - i.e. they shatter. Personally I'd rather save on the cam belt change - if anything goes wrong it's likely to be only catastrophic to your wallet.

When i took my 360 spider round Silverstone on a Club Fiorano day .within 10 hard laps the brakes were shot :cry: .Had to stop and allow to cool down.:thumbsdow

With the CCM they are no prob at all:thumbsup: