What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Touching up the black bits on a 360!

MBL

Hi All
First time posting here. I previously had a 328 GTS and "sensibly" sold it just before the prices went silly again! Just got back in to the marque with a lovely 360 spider in argento nurburgring silver with yellow wing badges and matching yellow brake callipers.

There are a couple of things I need to attend to and this is where I would really appreciate some advice. All the silver bits are fine, but some of the black parts need some work. There is an area on the wing mirror mounting plate where the paint has come away and there is some bubbling (see photo) and also the expansion tank has flaked off some of its black paint.

How would people tackle these little jobs? What prep work and paint?

Many thanks.IMG_2882.jpgIMG_2883.jpg

Hi Mark,

Firstly welcome to CS.

The wing mirror mounts are aluminium and coated with a textured paint. It depends on how factory finish you want it.
When I do mine I was going to use a satin black powder coat rather than a textured paint that marks with polish.

The factory finish on the coolant tank is poor and again I'd strip/blast to bare metal and coat in satin black along with the air filter covers so they are colour matched.

Thanks Mike. Any idea what the paint is on the mirror mount? I'll probably rub it down and touch it up with the same textured paint as you say. The air filter covers are currently silver which I think looks good with the colour of the car, so I would prefer to leave them as they are.

Stripping back the tank is a good idea - is there a code for the black colour?