What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Ultima GTR

renmure

Collected this at the weekend.
Makes everyone else on the road move over.
Feels quick. :grin:

Attachments

• Ultima Engine.jpg
    Ultima Engine.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 1,591
  • Ultima d.jpg
    Ultima d.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 1,575
  • Ultima rear.jpg
    Ultima rear.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 971
  • Ultima side.jpg
    Ultima side.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 1,079
  • Ultima b.jpg
    Ultima b.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 949
Congratulations on the new car. Ultima is on my list and saw that one advertised. Be sure to update us with your thoughts after driving it for a while.

Trevor.

How much power is it running?

Photos of the interior.

Always find these interesting, but not really sure I could contend with one for general use...and they're a bit "sledgehammer" for things like track use.

Power is circa 514bhp at the wheels so adequately rapid.

It is a 6 litre LS Engined Ultima GTR. Fancied one for a while and enquired about a few over the years but never felt confident enough to take it any further. Difference this time is that it was a well known and well regarded car in Ultima-land. Previously owned by 4 folk on PH who all sang its praises by PM.

Previous owner was a dream to deal with and is a professional test driver and spends his days at work doing high performance evaluations and prototype testing. Bonus was that he has owned almost every variant of Lotus so was able to answer all my dumb questions in realitive terms I could associate with and put some perspective to the big numbers. (He may be lurking on here also since he is thinking about an Fcar now) :thumbsup:

Spec is:

The car is a 2006 Ultima GTR
Chevy 6.0 litre LS2 Engine,
Porsche 6spd with lsd,
The LS2 was fettled with and fitted racing cam, springs, collets, ported, it also has a gated sump.
Circa 590/600 bhp engine / 514bhp at wheels
The gearbox is 6 speed getrag with lsd.
Accusump
A P racing brakes with brake bias adjustment.
Over sized headers (all stainless)
Forgeline wheels which are powder coated in grey (to match the car) with polished rims
Removable MOMO steering wheel.
Lowered floor pan
Aircon.
Side skirts, front splitter and rear diffuser.
3M chip protection.
Single adjustable suspension.

Colours are Alfa Gregio Quartz bodywork,
Stripes Lotus Lava orange with a colour changing additive giving a very subtle colour change in different light
BMW titan silver.

Tyres
Pirelli P Zero Rosso
245/35/ZR18 front
335/30/ZR18 rear.

Length: 4000mm
Width: 1850mm
Height: 1070mm
Wheelbase: 2560mm
Ground Clearance: 120mm (adjustable)
Weight: 950kg
1060kg with fluids

Interior is fairly purposeful and surprisingly comfortable (ok, my backside got a bit numb driving it 450 miles from the Midlands to Bonnie Scotland)

Attachments

• photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 997
Sounds like a lot of fun! Enjoy it - and take it easy with the right foot if you guys are getting as much rain up there as we are here!

Sounds like a lot of fun! Enjoy it - and take it easy with the right foot if you guys are getting as much rain up there as we are here!

All the talent needed to drive this car quickly is in my right foot!!!

So... Coming backwards to a hedge near you..... :grin:

Got some other photos after I had fitted some c/f side scoops.

Also decided to test its practicality by taking it to the supermarket carpark. Makes my wee MX5 seem pretty tall. Rear Tyres are sort of..... err... wide :grin:

Attachments

• photo 1(6).jpg
    photo 1(6).jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 1,463
  • photo 3(3).jpg
    photo 3(3).jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 865
  • photo(6).jpg
    photo(6).jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 799
  • photo 1(3).jpg
    photo 1(3).jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 766
  • photo 2(5).jpg
    photo 2(5).jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 883
  • GTR tire size.jpg
    GTR tire size.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,173
Got some other photos after I had fitted some c/f side scoops.

Also decided to test its practicality by taking it to the supermarket carpark. Makes my wee MX5 seem pretty tall. Rear Tyres are sort of..... err... wide :grin:

I love the last photo:thumbsup:
Kids will go to sleep any where:grin::grin:

Some more pics

Attachments

• Ultima SD1.jpg
    Ultima SD1.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 278
  • Ultima SDBW.jpg
    Ultima SDBW.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 278
  • Ultima SD7.jpg
    Ultima SD7.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 274
  • Ultima SD2.jpg
    Ultima SD2.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 276
  • Ultima SD6.jpg
    Ultima SD6.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 273
All the talent needed to drive this car quickly is in my right foot!!!

So... Coming backwards to a hedge near you..... :grin:

I do wish I hadn't joked about that!! :grin:

Unfortunately I had a little bump back at the beginning of August and between one thing and another nearly 5 months have passed whilst the Ultima has been away down at the Factory being repaired. Damage was limited to the front end so nothing particularly bad or important but because everything is hand made things have taken time to get mended. Ultima have just brought out their new 1020 BHP Evo model with some upgrades as well and have been busy meeting demand for that, so I am taking the opportunity to modify some things to the new Evo spec. In saying that, I think I will stick at 600 bhp for now :laugh:

Never had a bump before and this was fairly unspectacular but absolutely instant .. accelerate .. spin.. bang.. WTF!! I had also never really given much thought to how much all the electronic stuff in modern cars helps to keep you out of these situations. Suppose it is like driving a 600 bhp Ferrari with all the driver aids switched off. Hey ho.

Should get it back next month with new 2 way adjustable shock absorbers and new suspension all round, new extended wishbones, new Evo lightweight alloys, new Evo carbon LED headlight units, new carbon Evo front splitter, replacing both the door windows and vents with new ones, new rubber on all 4 corners, a spruce-up of the paintwork, new painted stripe, new paint protection film plus a full factory service and geo setup and I am sure there will be a few other bits and bobs along the way. Vroom Vroom!!

I have missed it tho.

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 214
  • Ultima SD 15 .jpg
    Ultima SD 15 .jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 224
Last edited: