What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

348 or 355?

Pete my comment was a generic one applicable to most Ferraris i.e they are probably the least modified brand of sports car in the universe. vs the lotus world where you would struggle to find an Elise thats factory standard, and it doesnt seem to impact on value ££ .

:thumbsup:

Thought this may interest you...

429A_JAMES_BOND_ARCHIVES_XL_00399_268884442_268884443_252089452-1_Gallery-917x677.png

18918780.jpg

Last edited:
When I was after my Mondial replacement it was either going to be a 348 or F355. There was a 348 conversion (to F355) up in Scotland that I tried to go and see but in pictures it looked very nice. I never got there. I ended up with an F355 in the best colour for mid-engine V8's - Yellow :tongue3:

What Mod[ificato] said stands good with me. We can wax lyrical about investment and return blah blah but really unless you're an investor it's pointless. Aim to get your money back if you can but ultimately buy a car (any car Ferrari or not) that makes you smile.

F355 is the better car :laugh: so much so I own a 360 now. :thumbsup:

F355 is the better car :laugh: so much so I own a 360 now. :thumbsup:

And in the same way a 360 is objectively the better car between the 355 and 360. And a 430 is objectively better than a 360, and so it goes on. But subjectively, in terms of enjoyment each one is 'better' for different people.

Did you enjoy your Mondial less than the 355? I'm talking about for the brief periods the 355 wasn't in getting fixed, obviously ......... :grin:

And in the same way a 360 is objectively the better car between the 355 and 360. And a 430 is objectively better than a 360, and so it goes on. But subjectively, in terms of enjoyment each one is 'better' for different people.

Did you enjoy your Mondial less than the 355? I'm talking about for the brief periods the 355 wasn't in getting fixed, obviously ......... :grin:

I think it has more to do with .. the car I currently own is better than the previous :laugh:

I loved having the Mondial, that was the car I would keep double checking the garage to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I'm spoilt today I guess and used to it.
I loved having the F355. Any Ferrari I'd love to have and will for the time being.

In fairness the F355 was only really a problem the last summer I had it when they were trying to isolate the fault. Up until then it was only the odd week whilst it was serviced and the fault/s 'corrected'.

They look sooooo good in yellow, especially with the rear CH grill [emoji106]

Miss it Malc? :D
Ermmm. I miss them all in some ways. I have spoken to the current dealer which is how I know for sure it is my car. One chap that came to see my 360 also knew about my old F355. After all the day he came to see my 360 he stayed at his friend's house who just happened to be the chap I bought it from, Mark.

It has had some money spent on aesthetically (I see a pattern here with my cars :laugh:) which as it was several shades of yellow when I bought it (and I added more) it was all I believed it needed. However both the current dealer and the chap I mentioned said it had a big bill for something. Big as in £15k - £20k but I have no idea on what.

So financially I am happy it went and that price it is currently for sale, if you take off that big bill and what Mark (who bought it from me) spent on it then I definitely sold it at the right time. That said Mark sold it 6 months after he bought it from me and made a substantial amount from it too.

As for the drive I happen to prefer this 360.

Yellow is such a good colour for that and if I am honest I would not mind a yellow 360.

Finding this an interesting conversation.

I've had my 348 for coming up 4 year and thinking of trying something different and been toying with the idea of a 360! Obviously budget plays a part, but if I do change, I'd want something far enough in years to be a different experience.

Finding this an interesting conversation.

I've had my 348 for coming up 4 year and thinking of trying something different and been toying with the idea of a 360! Obviously budget plays a part, but if I do change, I'd want something far enough in years to be a different experience.

I think it would definitely be a different enough experience going from 348 to 360 and have thought about doing the same. There was a huge change from 348 through 355 to 360 with the 348 being the last of the raw mechanical feeling cars and the 360 being the first really modern car, the transition being through the 355.

I don't think the question would be will the change from 348 to 360 be significant enough, more would the difference between your 355 and 360 be significant enough if you kept both. As such I'd think a 348/360 pair perhaps makes more sense than a 355/360 pair.

I think it would definitely be a different enough experience going from 348 to 360 and have thought about doing the same. There was a huge change from 348 through 355 to 360 with the 348 being the last of the raw mechanical feeling cars and the 360 being the first really modern car, the transition being through the 355.

I don't think the question would be will the change from 348 to 360 be significant enough, more would the difference between your 355 and 360 be significant enough if you kept both. As such I'd think a 348/360 pair perhaps makes more sense than a 355/360 pair.

Love to keep both toys in the garage....but...if my daughter goes to University, I've got a few pennies to find so one will have to go! And then which do I keep? :hmmm: Or do I sell both and get something different, e.g. 360. :hmmm:

Tough first world problems to be ponder next year putting more miles on both and some continent driving in the 355:thumbsup:!