What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Are 19s such a bad idea on California?

Wilpert

As per my post re pothole damage.

I’m seriously considering getting a decent set of 19” wheels and tyres on eBay for around 1k

Reason is I’ve just blown a tyre and damaged a wheel over a ridiculous pot hole.

The wheel damage is minor but I’ve asked several people and they say as long as it’s not cracked it can easily be straightened but even this, with the cost of a new tyre is going to set me back around 500 quid.

Anybody had 19s on a Cali and do they look ridiculous?

Not sure I have ever seen 19s on one... and yes, I tend to think it may look a bit ridiculous... sorry, if that's not the answer you were hoping for.
Regarding your previous post about the damage.. make sure to take a photo of the pot hole with a tape measure present, showing just how bad the hole is/was.... Good luck with your efforts!

Not sure I have ever seen 19s on one... and yes, I tend to think it may look a bit ridiculous... sorry, if that's not the answer you were hoping for.
Regarding your previous post about the damage.. make sure to take a photo of the pot hole with a tape measure present, showing just how bad the hole is/was.... Good luck with your efforts!

No, I'm open to opinions, perhaps it would look a bit daft, i would like to see a pic of one with 19s on though. there must be some on as the standard at point of new car purchase was a 19" wheel!
All cars seem to be going bigger and bigger with their wheel sizes, porsche now having bigger rears than fronts, which i'm not mad about - also don't love the centre locks either, means you mostly need to go to a main stealers for tyres or wheel works.

I know its a totally different car but on my RR sport, I took the huge rumbling 22s off and put some smaller ones on and it was a much better ride, then i sold the bad boy wheels and made a profit.

Re the pothole and council, yes i will go back and measure, its pretty close to my house, so should be a worthwhile trip. i will take my land rover defender on this trip due to the uneven terrain :grin:

my F car is pre disposed atm.

Chequers Road damage wheel repair at home. 2jpg.jpg