What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Boutique Super & Hypercar Manufacturers: December 2022 Update

Just posted an blog on Boutique Super & Hypercar Manufacturers: December 2022 Update

https://karenable.com/boutique-dec-2022-update/

Thoughts on Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus (SCG), Praga, Czinger, De Tomaso, Gordon Murray Automotive (GMA), and Delage?

Who will make it and who will not?

Interesting read - having some involvement with more than one or three of these projects mentioned it’s an interesting take.

A word of warning - everyone that has ever attempted to do what SCG say they are about to do - parallel process their engineering processes has ended up creating a tsunami of issues downstream unless they use a very niche project approach and project management system invented by yours truly. I am not aware that they have done much more than compress a Gantt chart (even Henry himself said DO NOT use these things to manage complex projects) which is typically what pushes late changes and defects into the customer experience - buyer beware.

I can help them avoid that if they call / PM me.

Still most of these hypercars barely turn a wheel these days so I guess we will have to see how many get ‘used’ anywhere near enough to expose any shortcomings.

Interesting read - having some involvement with more than one or three of these projects mentioned it’s an interesting take.

A word of warning - everyone that has ever attempted to do what SCG say they are about to do - parallel process their engineering processes has ended up creating a tsunami of issues downstream unless they use a very niche project approach and project management system invented by yours truly. I am not aware that they have done much more than compress a Gantt chart (even Henry himself said DO NOT use these things to manage complex projects) which is typically what pushes late changes and defects into the customer experience - buyer beware.

I can help them avoid that if they call / PM me.

Still most of these hypercars barely turn a wheel these days so I guess we will have to see how many get ‘used’ anywhere near enough to expose any shortcomings.

Have you worked with Jim/SCG?

Have you worked with Jim/SCG?

Not personally but it’s a small world at this end of the game so we have people working with us now who have and vice versa…

Our Coventry facility used to amongst other things be:
Triumph Motors’ racing department were their Le Mans cars and others were prepared.
It’s where the early work was done on the McLaren F1, we also used to be Lotus’ midlands tech centre.
And many more iconic brands / designs have been done on site.
Our facility in Crewe works closely with Bentley Mulliner and heritage.

I am in Italy this week as our peers here are Pininfarina, Zagato, Bertone etc.
We are all in the same game and collaboration is a given at this level.

Not personally but it’s a small world at this end of the game so we have people working with us now who have and vice versa…

Our Coventry facility used to amongst other things be:
Triumph Motors’ racing department were their Le Mans cars and others were prepared.
It’s where the early work was done on the McLaren F1, we also used to be Lotus’ midlands tech centre.
And many more iconic brands / designs have been done on site.
Our facility in Crewe works closely with Bentley Mulliner and heritage.

I am in Italy this week as our peers here are Pininfarina, Zagato, Bertone etc.
We are all in the same game and collaboration is a given at this level.

I believe most of SCGs connections are in Italy these days.

I believe most of SCGs connections are in Italy these days.

Yes the nation has done a great job of not hating cars and personal transport.

A.R.T. Here are almost certainly involved and being a neighbour we see all sorts of interesting prototypes in the area and at the local circuit.

Yes the nation has done a great job of not hating cars and personal transport.

A.R.T. Here are almost certainly involved and being a neighbour we see all sorts of interesting prototypes in the area and at the local circuit.

In other news Bentley are posting interesting figures.

Record >15,000 cars delivered, balanced mix across the model range but most important perhaps, record level of personalisation and optional spend.

People want personalisation and uniqueness AND are willing to spend big to get it.

The data we have seen shows they want all of that BUT crucially on a dependable and reliable platform.

Many car snobs think that anything built on a volume platform but pimped up is not what people want but the data shows that is exactly what the new top of the market desires.

We also have interesting data based on the sexes and how much tolerance of defects there is.

The more females are involved in the choice of brand and model the less tolerance there is for ‘character’.

It better WORK and keep working…

Last edited:
Bentley had a female Sales Director for years who was a key part of most of this growth, very effective lady who has since gone on to bigger jobs.