What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Cost of seat retrim?

El donkey

Thought I posted this earlier but not showing.

Looking at getting some 575 Daytona seats re covered as looking a bit worn. Without taking the car to various places (off the road now) trying to get an idea on a typical cost.

Single colour, contrast stitching.

Thanks Rob

Piece of string question! I would suggest you can get two seats re-trimmed for anything between £2k and £4k depending on what quality leather you want and whether you require any embossing or embroidery done and whether you want a ‘turnkey’ operation - seats removed and refitted as well.

As above; depends where you go. When I had my dash done I was quoted anywhere from £800 to well over £2k; if you can get people to quote. (Seems upholsters are closely affiliated to builders in this respect :thumbsdow)

Are you sure they need completely re-trimming? You might be able to revive them. Post some pics up and people might be able to comment/ suggest.

Are you sure they need completely re-trimming? You might be able to revive them. Post some pics up and people might be able to comment/ suggest.

Seats can almost always be revived......... but they'll never look as good as a proper retrim. Snag I had when I got my interior sorted is that whatever you have done perfectly makes the rest look tired. Ended up doing the lot (all the leather, carpets, plastics etc). There's an argument for just making look ok if you don't intend a complete interior overhaul. That said, don't regret getting mine done.

They are cream and looks like they were worked on previously as colour not a perfect match all over now.

Drivers seat is mildly cracked in places.
These are from my brothers car, the black stitching means re colouring isn't really an option I believe.

He will be having a lot of other work done to the car so getting back to new condition is the aim.
I have said that will probably mean doing the door cards also to match. Don't think the rest is too bad.

If they were black on black it would be a simple DIY job.

He has been quoted £5k by one of the leading indies inc removal / refit. Sounded a bit pricey to me so just sense checking it.
If its on the higher end for a top job then so be it.

I'd suggest 5K for just the seats is perhaps adding a little 'Ferrari Tax'.

I got my interior done privately here in Lincoln (ie from a trimmer not a Ferrari specific place) and although the seats are standard and not Daytona and although it was a few years ago now, I had all the interior leather done in Andrew Muirhead Sateen leather as well as all the carpets replaced with a more plush than original carpet for 6K. No idea what it would cost today but 5K for just the seats sounds a bit much to me. Unfortunately the guy who did mine is no longer local to me and has moved on, no idea where to I’m afraid.

Last edited:
I had both F355 seats and the dash completely retrimmed earlier this year - crema carbon sports seats and cream/nero dash with contrast decorative dark red double stitching. Turnkey operation (seats and dash removed/refitted) and cost £8k but the seats are in very nice nappa leather with trimmer importing the hides from Italy having spoken with Ferrari to get exact match. I also had red cavallinos embroidered on both seat head rests and the ‘padding’ in the seats adjusted to my ‘taste’. Very top end job of exceptional quality. I just halved the cost between the dash and seats to come up with my previous £4k figure. So £5k is expensive but not totally out of court.

I had a number of quotes between £2.5k and £3k for the seats alone with no embroidery (all wouldn’t/couldn’t do it).

As with everything, you pays your money and takes your choice.

I’d agree with the above; at £5k somebody is adding some “Ferrari” tax to that.

It’s difficult balance to a) find somebody you have confidence will do a good job and b) isn’t trying to rip you off.

Personally at £5k I’d go elsewhere.

Be careful with the scope creep. As Pete says if you do one bit, the next will look crap next to it so you will want to do that as well. If you do the door cards to match the seat, you will be doing the dash as well as the flows from the door cards. When I had my dash done; I had to have the door cards done for this reason. Fortunately the trimmer wasn’t into adding Ferrari tax.

My door cards etc. are in pretty good condition. The trimmer (as instructed) matched the colour of the leather and stitching ‘spot on’ so no need for scope creep! Yes, need to research carefully to find the quality and trustworthiness. I did get my trimmers to do a minor bit of trimming on another vehicle (headlining) to test out the whole ‘service level’ before handing the F355 over to their care.

Take the seats out of the car and tell the trimmers they're from a kit car, origin unknown. If you have to have embroidery or a logo of some kind, tell them it's a cheap kit based on an MR2.

Looked at a car today (355) which I assumed was an original “perfect” interior, being a low mileage car.
however when going through the service and receipts, I found it had had both seats and the centre console retrimmed. It was a fantastic job, really good.
cost was £1500 (in 2016) from “Hampshire Trimming”.

My brother has booked his car in now, having about £35k of work to bring it back to (hopefully) mint condition.

Its funny how some seats go tatty, having crema with contrast stitching is not the safest option.

My 360 has black race seats and at 20 years old are still perfect. Easy to clean and feed once a year though.

Any seat with contrast stitching is never the 'safest' option. Without contrast stitching it is pretty straightforward to undertake some re-connolising, even with the seats in situ, at very reasonable cost and with good results.

£35k is some fettling. I thought I spent a lot on fettling but I'm just over £30k at the moment and that includes a full body respray, engine compartment oil tank and side plates refurbished in crackle black, complete repair and sticky removal of all controls (by StickyRX in the US), seats and dash re-trim, powder coated cam covers in crackle red, completely refurbished magnesium wheels, replacement door sill plates plus a whole bunch of minor bits and pieces.

My brother has booked his car in now, having about £35k of work to bring it back to (hopefully) mint condition.

Its funny how some seats go tatty, having crema with contrast stitching is not the safest option.

My 360 has black race seats and at 20 years old are still perfect. Easy to clean and feed once a year though.

This “restoration” was around that price. https://www.grandstandcoachworks.com/ferrari355

Should be concours at the end :thumbsup: