What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Engine pics, NEC 6/11

jeffqv

something other than girlies to look at!

Attachments

• Engine1.JPG
    Engine1.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 270
  • Engine2.JPG
    Engine2.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 255
  • Engine9.JPG
    Engine9.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 256
  • Engine8.JPG
    Engine8.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 261
  • Engine10.JPG
    Engine10.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 264
  • Engine3.JPG
    Engine3.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 251
  • Engine4.JPG
    Engine4.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 251
  • Engine5.JPG
    Engine5.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 254
  • Engine6.JPG
    Engine6.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 247
  • Engine7.JPG
    Engine7.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 243
DSC03920.JPG

apparently Ray Fergusons old 348 and the new owner wants a mere £45K for it! I wonder how long it would last out on the open road?

Rays OLD 348 haha

jeffqv said:
apparently Ray Fergusons old 348 and the new owner wants a mere £45K for it! I wonder how long it would last out on the open road?

Guess you dont know who RAY430RED is then M8 and if you lookat the 348 section you will see it at Silverstone RAY 348 ,that will give you an idea how long it would last on the open road You can use them and keep them nice

Its me by the way and i think he will be lucky :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

jeffqv said:

1,I dont want 45k for it cus it aint worth that much,2 it WILL last longer than all your three rides put together,anymore stupid questions pm me.

hey, dont get so stressed, I asked a guy on the stand and he said £45K, I didn't know who owned it so no axe to grind. IMO only, many cars that are in as good as condition are queens and would not stand up to being driven regularly or hard, simple statement and no offence intended. FYI my 'old' mondial has been driven hard for the last six years and has never let me down, I don't think many cars of any make can claim that:smiley:

Ray430Red said:
Guess you dont know who RAY430RED is then M8 and if you lookat the 348 section you will see it at Silverstone RAY 348 ,that will give you an idea how long it would last on the open road You can use them and keep them nice

Its me by the way and i think he will be lucky :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ray , you took it too bits and rebuilt it with lost of new/refurbished bits. Not quite the same me thinks ?

jeffqv said:
hey, dont get so stressed, I asked a guy on the stand and he said £45K, I didn't know who owned it so no axe to grind. IMO only, many cars that are in as good as condition are queens and would not stand up to being driven regularly or hard, simple statement and no offence intended. FYI my 'old' mondial has been driven hard for the last six years and has never let me down, I don't think many cars of any make can claim that:smiley:

it can be driven all day on the rev limiter and no probs will arise,so your the expert why cant this queen be driven every day and hard,cant wait for your expert reply mr techy know it all.

JRS said:
Ray , you took it too bits and rebuilt it with lost of new/refurbished bits. Not quite the same me thinks ?

Apart from really cleaning the whole engine when out for cambelts and repainting cam covers ect the only things that were replaced or replated were nuts bolts ect There was no real major expense ,just alot of winter nights in my garage at home and graft.. I fail to see how that would efect reliability ect or maybe i am missing the point Took me five years to get it how i wanted it

Dale said:
it can be driven all day on the rev limiter and no probs will arise,so your the expert why cant this queen be driven every day and hard,cant wait for your expert reply mr techy know it all.

this is so boring, I must have touched a raw nerve, sorry. In future I musr remeber the sensibilities of others, bye!