What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

F430 random gearbox / clutch problem

HI,

I have a random intermittent fault that first appeared a few weeks ago while on a road trip in Spain.

When pulling away after stopping at a motorway services after doing a high-speed run, the car would rev, but the clutch would not engage properly it would then bite and pull away.

This would happen in all gears, like a slipping clutch at first, but then it would engage. Later, I found that if I moved the manettino to wet mode, the problem disappeared but came back in Sport. 🤔

Thinking this could be heat-related (thin hydraulic oil for the F1 system?), I isolated the battery and let the car cool down overnight when I got to the hotel. The next day, all was fine - and has been until today.

It happened again this morning, and the car was not hot. Because of the issue, I pulled over to the side of the road to turn around and go home, and when pulling away, the clutch would not engage, I got a "Beep" alarm but no error messages. So, I turned the ignition off and restarted, and everything is fine.

So, it's not heat-related. I had a new clutch about 15k miles ago.

I'm thinking a duff sensor could be the issue. Has anyone got any ideas?