What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

F430 Spider (MY08) - Passenger Airbag Switch

Targa12

Hi Folks,

I’m looking at buying a 2007 F430 Spider with Carbon Bucket Seats, however, the car does not have the Passenger Airbag Switch, and I would ideally like to have the switch installed (retrofitted at a main dealer) to be able to safely take my 5 year old daughter out occasionally.

Question: Has anyone managed to have the switch retrofitted at a main dealer in the UK?

From my research, I have found another 2007 Spider with bucket seats that previously sold, and it has the switch. Photos provided below for reference:

1696678322644.png

I think I have also found the required parts online: https://www.scuderiacarparts.com/part-finder/ferrari/430/oe/17/2671/49921

1696673611486.png

Many thanks!

Attachments

• 1696667125353.jpeg
    1696667125353.jpeg
    425.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 1696677861496.png
    1696677861496.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I have carbon seats in my 430 and you wont be able to fit any sort of baby seat in it and a child wouldn't be big enough to safely use the seat belts. Sorry to rain on your parade but I dont think its a safe combination.

Hello and thank you for taking the time to respond, much appreciated!

The child seat is a booster seat and a lot smaller than a baby seat, and fits no problem in my Boxster (which, has the switch of course). The Spider has the Large Bucket Seats.

Do you think that would work (note that I can also just buy another seat (with the dimensions to fit securely for the F430 seat) to optimise fit and safety etc).
1696680569959.jpeg

I think my seats are large but there is no way any childs seat would safely fit. Those boxster seats look like a large sofa compared to the carbon Ferrari seats. I would just buy the car and leave the kids at home :)

Yes, think you are right, I may be ambitious with this one :). I'm viewing and test driving the Spider car on Monday, so will get a feel for the size of the buckets, but expect you are right - they do look rather small made. At least I'll still have the Boxster to keep the wee one happy. Thank you!

The car probably has provisional wiring for the switch (i.e. a 2-pin plug hanging in the breeze), but you'd probably have to cut a hole in the dash to fit it. Or you could have a home made hidden mount. Here's what the other side of the switch looks like with its plug (and pink and purple wires):

F430 Airbag Disable Switch LorenzoR.jpg

Does the passenger seat have a CPOD? CPOD = Child seat Presence & Orientation Detection sensor. I'm also wondering if the Airbag ECU needs to be programmed.

Hello and thank you for the info. The dealer is checking with Ferrari this week, and as you say it looks like the connector switch is actually in there under the dash from the factory. I wonder if the original owner may have simply asked the factory not to cut the hole to instead have a nice flush leather side dash (as it should have been fitted as standard in the factory for MY07 cars). The buckets are great and sure I can find the right car seat to provide a secure and safe fit (essentially for very occasional use only to safely take my 5 year old a few miles to my local Sainsbury's under 30mph), thanks!