What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Ferrari 458 Buyers Guide

Think it’s clear and well written, Mod. Seems to cover most things without being overly long, I’d say it strikes the right balance :thumbsup:

Think it’s clear and well written, Mod. Seems to cover most things without being overly long, I’d say it strikes the right balance :thumbsup:

Its not the work of Mod but someone called Andy ......... they just have a very similar forum name :laugh:

Nice article. A what to look for section would have been nice as there are a few (not many compared to other models) well documented common issues with the 458 (transmission actuators, shocks leaks etc...)

Nice article. A what to look for section would have been nice as there are a few (not many compared to other models) well documented common issues with the 458 (transmission actuators, shocks leaks etc...)

I’m definitely looking to expand on the issues. But due to other articles it means it might not be added for a week.

With regards to the comparison to other models, it was actually on my original contents which I then removed. I reached over 4,500 words and decided I need to stop writing or I will never publish it. Plus I could probably write at least 2k words just in a comparison article. Might be better as a separate article rather than being lost in this one.

I’m definitely looking to expand on the issues. But due to other articles it means it might not be added for a week.

With regards to the comparison to other models, it was actually on my original contents which I then removed. I reached over 4,500 words and decided I need to stop writing or I will never publish it. Plus I could probably write at least 2k words just in a comparison article. Might be better as a separate article rather than being lost in this one.

I think its a very good guide, and to make it perfect maybe a final section with what goes wrong (this is helpful when looking for a car !! ), and what it typically costs to fix.

I did have a slight damper issue on mine (think it was a small leak) but was resolved under warranty.

Otherwise best made Ferrari in decades and a big step up quality wise over F430, particularly the interior.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk