What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

How to dry your Ferrari - with water !

So, real world use - how good are these coatings really? The water trick doesn't prove much to me - I remember MER doing that years ago for their wax and water tension is clearly your friend in demonstrations like that.

However, I mentioned it to a guy that lives opposite me (who's day job is valeting) and he was very positive about these coatings. I've never seen his work - although he makes a good job of machine polishing his own cars - but I did get a little interested.

These type of products have been around for 2 or 3 years now so the longevity benefits will be evident, assuming they have been properly applied, which is the key, and also the reason why our network is of trained, Authorised Detailers only, rather than letting Joe Public attack their cars with them.

They do have some smoothing/filling ability but really need to be applied to corrected or new paintwork as they really do bond incredibly well - only machining will get them off. Water repellency is excellent, superb beading too.

Increasingly these type of products are becoming the choice of owners who are prepared to spend on protecting their car, the roll call of what we apply to it to is very impressive.

...Increasingly these type of products are becoming the choice of owners who are prepared to spend on protecting their car...

So I'm guessing it's not cheap?

What sort of stone chip protection do they offer? If they make a significant difference to that I might be tempted, since the 360 front end is all newly painted.

Its not cheap, no, £500+ for a proper application by the sort of person you'd let loose on your 360 (or mine for that matter).

The coating is harder than wax but although it will protect from the very fine grit that can pit paintwork, it wont offer protection against stones. You really need PPF for that, though many dont like it.

The coating is harder than wax but although it will protect from the very fine grit that can pit paintwork, it wont offer protection against stones. You really need PPF for that, though many dont like it.

Including me - I think it looks worse than the stone chips.

Thanks for the info.