What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

LITTLEHAVENS DUNTON TRACKDAY 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to come again this year loved it last year although only having driven the car a couple of times before I should be much more confident and faster this year

I will post a list up nearer the time guys and of course you will be v v welcome Jason:grin:

Guys this year there is going to be a web site where all drivers will be asked to register to drive on the event Fords want this so as to protect the event from unwelcome outsiders. Also to control numbers more accurately and monitor non attendees,

They will also have a list of approved drivers and everyone who did it last year except me (black flag incident) are on it:laugh:. New drivers this year will be added to it.:thumbsup:

This will help them with HSE issues over time,:hmmm:

I will put link up nearer the time and remember you must be over 30 and have a UK licence held for 5 years at least and must have registered.:)

Thanks - progress (or is it)

Count me in please!

Over 30? I will just about manage that as my birthday is a few weeks before!

Nilesh

Oh dear oh dear

Bad News, Yet Good News!

Unfortunately, Ford Motor Company have reluctantly withdrawn the use of their Test Track at Dunton at very short notice. This is due to a strict no exceptions dictate from their European Headquarters.

These test tracks have been used through Europe and generously given for use for charity fundraising. Sadly, a double fatality occurred recently in Europe and hence the company’s understandable decision which they very much regret.

This event was planned for 9th September and will go ahead using the Hospice as a start and finish point in a Ride in a Supercar Event as in 2005 2006, 2007, and 2008 prior to moving to Dunton. Whilst this does not offer the opportunity to hoon around on a track it does offer the ability to carry on this year to raise money for the original C.S. Charity along with the remarkable atmosphere of being at the Hospice and the family atmosphere that has in my opinion never been equalled! Plus the bonus of meeting up with friends.

Next year we will return to the track but unfortunately there just is not time to get this in place by September 9th and meet all the safety criteria required,.

It was from this original event at Littlehavens Hospice that so many car charity ride events were spawned and I know I can count on your support. C.S is supporting the event with their generosity, yet again this year and it is a great chance to interact with people who love our cars.

A number of you committed to support the Dunton Event with your cars but this is a different event and it is not fair to assume you would be prepared to participate. Therefore I have started a new thread and a new list.

Please see new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.