What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Running London Marathon 2012 for Macmillan Nurses

irarref

Hi folks - hope its ok to ask in here but my wife is running the London Marathon this year and is hoping to raise a bit of cash for the Macmillan Nurses who give care and support to folk with cancer. If you can help in even a very small way it would be very gratefully appreciated! :)

Her donation page is below and there's quite a funny vid in the link at the bottom too which made me cry with laughter! LOL

http://www.justgiving.com/Jayne-Duckworth

I'm glad you put that as I didn't like to mention it! LOL

Just a little update from my wife's side....

She was absolutely stunned/thrilled with the support offered. Training is going well and her long runs are now up to 15 miles. Only downside is I always feel torn between accompanying her on my bike or fitting new bits to my car....decisions...decisions.... LOL

I'm glad you put that as I didn't like to mention it! LOL

Just a little update from my wife's side....

She was absolutely stunned/thrilled with the support offered. Training is going well and her long runs are now up to 15 miles. Only downside is I always feel torn between accompanying her on my bike or fitting new bits to my car....decisions...decisions.... LOL

:grin::thumbsup:

Hi folks - hope its ok to ask in here but my wife is running the London Marathon this year and is hoping to raise a bit of cash for the Macmillan Nurses who give care and support to folk with cancer. If you can help in even a very small way it would be very gratefully appreciated! :)

Her donation page is below and there's quite a funny vid in the link at the bottom too which made me cry with laughter! LOL

http://www.justgiving.com/Jayne-Duckworth

:laugh::laugh::laugh: great clip - good luck to your wife :thumbsup:

AJ

Thank you very much for your donation (club and AJ)! :)

That clip made me laugh my socks off until I found out that those people are actually super fit and theyd just finished an iron man event!!! I thought they were just a couple of duffers LOL

Thank you very much for your donation (club and AJ)! :)

That clip made me laugh my socks off until I found out that those people are actually super fit and theyd just finished an iron man event!!! I thought they were just a couple of duffers LOL

That would be me off the start line :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Good luck, she will have a great day. I done it 2 years ago for The Childrens Trust and I have to say I really want to do another one :)

Well she did it in 5:27:50 so is quite chuffed and was on telly too passing the finish line :) Bit sore today but walking! Me on the other hand tried to run alongside in my new shoes at mile 25-26 to take a photo and now have terrible blisters - DOH! :-(

IMAG0426.jpg

My wife would just like me to pass on the message to say a very BIG THANK YOU to the club for their unbelievable generosity in supporting her in her efforts to raise some money for the Macmillan Nurses.

Once again thank you very much :)

Just received our rejection Marathon News magazines for the 2013 Marathon today :-(

On the plus side when my wife was flicking throuh the magazine she noticed the pic below!!! Notice the Ferrari product placement ;-')

Jayne Macmillan.jpg

Just received our rejection Marathon News magazines for the 2013 Marathon today :-(

On the plus side when my wife was flicking throuh the magazine she noticed the pic below!!! Notice the Ferrari product placement ;-')

View attachment 124444
There is a Ferrari label somewhere :laugh:. Cool Jeff and the missus looks a picture in her little skirt :wink3: