What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Why so colour sensitive.

First world decisions :D.
You know it's all very well thinking about resale. I thought a red manual 360 would command good money (I really wanted F1). What I was offered at the time I attempted to sell was preteeee lowww (maybe the hi-fi did not help, see next) and ultimately decided to keep it. Currently in my garage being used to store a Hi-fi collection I intend to put in my mancave (loft) next year. If you've ever watched Ratarossa and his Rat Testarossa that's my 360. I do have a cover on though and anything placed on it is placed on a cardboard box first. Just got to decide if the loft conversion is not finished where do I put this stuff come spring :confused:😋 The boot is full so I had to use the roof

Anyway I digress. I've looked at the link and rather like the car. I will be honest in that whilst the white over red seats looks good I do not like the red dash. Not at all and a shame it was not left black. Whilst it is surely good to think about resale you appear to be getting it at a good price anyway. How you sell it might make a difference. I meant if private and you are prepared for lots of folk looking and complaining but stand your ground (unlike me who just gave up) then you might be pleasantly surprised.

I think Pete (Nosevi) said it. If you like it (he may have said if it is a keeper too) then you should buy it. I personally think if you paid extra for red/crema/tan then you might forever think I wanted the white over red. Ultimately you are buying to enjoy it and not so the next person will. Buy the one you want and two fingers to the next.

Wil, truth be told, only you can decide on this one. But at the risk of over-indulging your original questions and post, I’m going to stick my neck out…

Mine is Rosso Corsa/Crema. That’s the colour kids imagine when they draw ‘raris, right? And yet secretly, I would’ve preferred black on black (I may get expelled for admitting that 🤭). Or white on white 😳. To be honest, I just wanted to be Sonny Crocket as a teen, and it didn’t go away.

But having owned mine now for nearly 25 years, I still get a mad ‘rush’ every time I get back to the UK, and take it off SORN. Mate, Porkers are great because they’re easy, pretty and reliable.

But ‘raris are just different. If I’d known then what I know now, and if I could’ve saved £10K on the forecourt 25 years ago just because it was turquoise & orange (hmmm 🤔), not RC/C, I’d have bought it.

I’ll sell mine soon because I’m predominantly in Ukraine these days, but I’d encourage you to forget resale considerations, and focus on actually owning it. Too many people worry about overdoing mileage, getting a stone chip or concourse details.

Just buy the car that will still make you shiver when you start it up after a year SORN’d, and 25 years’ ownership.

I’ll foxtrot oscar now 👊🏼.

Wil, truth be told, only you can decide on this one. But at the risk of over-indulging your original questions and post, I’m going to stick my neck out…

Mine is Rosso Corsa/Crema. That’s the colour kids imagine when they draw ‘raris, right? And yet secretly, I would’ve preferred black on black (I may get expelled for admitting that 🤭). Or white on white 😳. To be honest, I just wanted to be Sonny Crocket as a teen, and it didn’t go away.

But having owned mine now for nearly 25 years, I still get a mad ‘rush’ every time I get back to the UK, and take it off SORN. Mate, Porkers are great because they’re easy, pretty and reliable.

But ‘raris are just different. If I’d known then what I know now, and if I could’ve saved £10K on the forecourt 25 years ago just because it was turquoise & orange (hmmm 🤔), not RC/C, I’d have bought it.

I’ll sell mine soon because I’m predominantly in Ukraine these days, but I’d encourage you to forget resale considerations, and focus on actually owning it. Too many people worry about overdoing mileage, getting a stone chip or concourse details.

Just buy the car that will still make you shiver when you start it up after a year SORN’d, and 25 years’ ownership.

I’ll foxtrot oscar now 👊🏼.
And for clarification, that (chips, mileage, concourse etc.) is what’s notable about this forum: no prima donnas (or they don’t last long). Can’t wait to see what you decide, mate.

As soon as I bought mine I wrote that money off. If I sold it for what I paid for it I was doing well. Would never buy a car to make money; I buy them to drive and enjoy.

Whats the value if taking my Dad on a weeks driving holiday around Switzerland and doing all those passes! Bumped into a guy at the top of Furka “Ive been listening to you for the past 10 minutes, knew it was a Ferrari!”. Far more than Id ever loose on the car.

As above, by what you like, and enjoy it; you might kick the bucket tomorrow!

As soon as I bought mine I wrote that money off. If I sold it for what I paid for it I was doing well. Would never buy a car to make money; I buy them to drive and enjoy.

Whats the value if taking my Dad on a weeks driving holiday around Switzerland and doing all those passes! Bumped into a guy at the top of Furka “Ive been listening to you for the past 10 minutes, knew it was a Ferrari!”. Far more than Id ever loose on the car.

As above, by what you like, and enjoy it; you might kick the bucket tomorrow!
Just about nailed it Adrian 👍