What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Nice video about Classiche

Great vid, Jeff (y)

Really interesting bit right at the end about finding the Columbo engine designs. In a small way sort of reminds me of when a collector from the continent found 5 of the elusive 348 folding soft top roofs boxed and totally unused in the back of a storeroom at the factory. I happened upon the info, bought them (may have bought 4, can't remember) and sold them on to other 348 owners here in the UK. I was skeptical at the time until they arrived and I compared it to one which had been in 'circulation' in the UK for years and they were 100% identical, other than obviously being boxed and unused. I guess they have a lot of interesting stuff in the back of dusty store rooms.

In theory they shipped everything to Maranello Parts in Thorpe but obviously they didn't look in all the corners

Does anyone know if you choose to send your car back the factory yourself, or if this is the choice of your local dealer Classiche department depending on need/depth of pockets?

I just think its a next level con by Ferrari, designed to ensure you are taking the car back to the dealers a lot for remedial work 🤣

So if I had deep pockets I send my 430 back and they change the stainless steel ceramic calliper pistons back to the factory items (Made of high corroding chesium), refit the factory exhaust (which will crack ), change my titanium Wheel bolts to the factory standard items (which are coated with a special type of chrome called Flakeoff), and just for good measure change all my wishbone ball joints back to factory standard (the stainless steel ones last way to long as the car was designed to run with cheap crappy plated items - its a safety feature, as the constant rattles will keep you awake). Just for good measure they will find some 20 year old Pirelli's which will leave me in a ditch.

I just think its a next level con by Ferrari, designed to ensure you are taking the car back to the dealers a lot for remedial work 🤣

So if I had deep pockets I send my 430 back and they change the stainless steel ceramic calliper pistons back to the factory items (Made of high corroding chesium), refit the factory exhaust (which will crack ), change my titanium Wheel bolts to the factory standard items (which are coated with a special type of chrome called Flakeoff), and just for good measure change all my wishbone ball joints back to factory standard (the stainless steel ones last way to long as the car was designed to run with cheap crappy plated items - its a safety feature, as the constant rattles will keep you awake). Just for good measure they will find some 20 year old Pirelli's which will leave me in a ditch.
You forgot to add that when you sell someone out there will pay a premium for all of the above having been done so in truth you only pay for part of the "con" :D

I do get originality in the right car; I'd far prefer a 246 with a 2.4 liter V6 than one of the V8 modded ones out there - if I wanted a fast car I wouldn't buy a Dino - but for a more normal tipo I don't really see why tasteful (subjective I know) upgrades in keeping with the car aren't a good thing. That said things like my original exhaust and cats will stay with the car, they'll just be in a box but they'll be available for the next owner in case he/she feels differently to me and wants the car back to more like how she left the factory.