What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

The Supercar Event 7th & 8th July 2018 - Rockingham Motor Speedway

It was a fabulous weekend - good to meet you Mike - and Mrs. Mike. I expect to see your 360 on the track next year, even if it's Mrs Mike driving it. :tongue3:

Rockingham is definitely a more interesting track than Dunsfold - although I definitely wasn't getting the in-field bit right. Maybe I need a track day for practice before next year!

Really enjoyed it, but it was quiet this year, mostly due to football and F1 I guess. Still - I think it's the start of many successful years there. :)

I’m always surprised at the outright grip of the cars on track.
Your 360 felt much more secure than I feel mine is.
It’s only confidence and I need some track time to build it. Preferably not with kids in and that 720 on track ;)

I definitely going to look into that.....

Great to meet you Mike!

Hope it wasn't too hot!

You too Andrew.....308 looked great going round. [emoji106]

When was the last time you changed your tyres and did a geo reset? The grip is directly attributed to tyre grip, tyre compound, suspension setup (assuming no probs with suspension).

I'm just amazed at what Michellin have achieved with their Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres. IMHO the best compound for the road in all conditions right now.

The Supercar Event 7th & 8th July 2018 - Rockingham Motor Speedway

When was the last time you changed your tyres and did a geo reset? The grip is directly attributed to tyre grip, tyre compound, suspension setup (assuming no probs with suspension).

I'm just amazed at what Michellin have achieved with their Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres. IMHO the best compound for the road in all conditions right now.

Geo about 3 years ago.....
Tyres rears last year, fronts getting a bit old.
I intend to change all early next year but they don’t do PS4 in my sizes. It seems I can only replace with what I currently have.

It’s not the car it’s me.....I don’t know how it handles on the limit so I’m always afraid of snap oversteer particularly at high speed. An example would be the coming off the banking at Rockingham yesterday with a nice big wall on the outside. The infield would be fine.
Bruce and Dave flew through there [emoji106]

My other cars I can drive to the limit but I’ve never found the 360’s yet....

Just fitted PS4’s to our Z4. Transformed the car and trebled its use!

Thing is, you're not comparing apples with apples.

Before I did the first supercar weekend, my view was basically the same as yours. First time I took it to Dunsfold, the car amazed me - it was like it became a totally different animal.

I don't like the Pirellis - but once they warm up on the track, they are actually very good. On the road, my brakes are perfectly good - although I prefer my Aston brakes. On the track when they get warm, they are immense.

I was really happy I did the first weekend years back because - apart from the passenger reactions and it being for a good cause - I was astounded by what the car was capable of.

I am very tempted to book some track tuition, because Dunsfold has made me realise what I'm not capable of!

I've just seen a thread on PH saying that Rockingham has been sold and won't be used as a race circuit after the end of 2018! That's seriously bad luck after just moving the event there, and must be a nightmare for the organisers.

Hope they can find a suitable alternative and best wishes to them - it must be a major headache.