What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Running Reports - Discussion thread.

I wonder whether anybody except those of us who write this stuff ever actually read any of it, so it's all bit academic. I do like the fact that I can be rude about Bentley's without getting flamed by people with dodgy prostates though.

F328NVL said:
I wonder whether anybody except those of us who write this stuff ever actually read any of it, so it's all bit academic. I do like the fact that I can be rude about Bentley's without getting flamed by people with dodgy prostates though.

I read it all John and a fine humorous read it was too:laugh: :thumbsup:

F328NVL said:
I read and enjoy them :thumbsup:

Keep them coming John, and everybody else :thumbsup:

I read them too.It's the first thing I check. When I get my copy of EVO mag the first thing I read is there running reports. Keeps you in touch with the real world.

F355GTS said:
I read them all, John, your latest one is particularly excellent :thumbsup:

I agree John's are of the highest quality, and if he doesn't already, he should do it for a living. They set the bar for all of us, and they certainly give me a standard to head to. :thumbsup:

I read them all (obvioulsy I have to), but there is not one who does not contain useful information.

Just a general comment. I cant believe ALL three of our 360 running reports, have shown issues with suspension ball joints. Thankfully all fixed under warranty. Defo something for new owners to watch out for.

Well at least Ferrari is consistent !! :grin:

I agree Ade, must be a weak point. Even though I have had mine replaced under warranty I still get noises from the front of the car when I go over small bumps in the road. The worst is when I drive over those raised painted lines which remind you to slow down when entering a village etc. Does anyone else with a 360 have this?

I might take another 360 out on a test drive and compare.:)

Seems as if both John and me decided to measure fuel consupmtion this month... the results: one of us is getting 12mpg, the other is complaining about 14 - 15 mpg :tongue3:

Just like to say that this is a great section to read, and it's great to hear your experiences.

Indeed, in evo magazine etc., i relish the opportunity to read how these cars fare on a day to day basis, and it gives a real insight into the prospect. (though for me, it shall remain a prospect for a while yet, i should think).

F328NVL - you're reports are my favourite. Quite witty too :thumbsup: but where are the pics of the 550?

One final point - and i hope i'm not speaking out of turn here - why don't more of you log your experiences in this running report styl?e - it would be great to hear how the 430/360CS and other cars get on. Although i fully appreciate how much effort needs to go into making such a report and i'm sure you all have very busy lives too.

Thanks for contributing guys, and don't stop :)

I can only echo what others have said. This is a fantastic section and brings a greater real world element for members who are looking to purchase their first Ferrari or who like me dream of one day collecting the keys to one of Modena's finest. There are some highly talented scribes on this forum and I hope they will continue to report on their experiences and continue to broaden this resource while of course entertaining all of us with their wit and entertainment from owning and driving Ferraris.
As others have said it would be good to get more cars on board, especially some of the newer cars including the CS and 430, there are of course plenty of owners of these beasts on the forum.
Good work guys, keep it up :thumbsup:

mpg

contiki said:
Seems as if both John and me decided to measure fuel consupmtion this month... the results: one of us is getting 12mpg, the other is complaining about 14 - 15 mpg :tongue3:

1: I don't drive in sport mode everywhere (or has the new suspension solved that?) and
2: mines smaller, as it were!

jg

F328NVL in his latest entry said:
Since I drive it all the time and have never apparently been seen (Even Tom missed me when he was actually sitting in it!) I decided to become more conspicuous.

I did exchange a wave with you at a later date, however! :tongue3:

Is it possible to change the Mondial one from "Mondade" to "Fraccies"?

Also,is it possible to add photos to some of the older reports?

Cheers