What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

308 - 1st gear not selecting

sweeni

Hit a bump in the road very hard recently and since then have had an intermittent problem selecting 1st gear.
The lever goes in no problem but on lifting the clutch pedal sometimes there's nothing there.
Any thoughts on what has been damaged?

Could just be the linkage has been knocked out of adjustment so when the gear lever is all the way in it's not moved the linkage enough to select the gear. Have you tried removing the gate and seen if it goes in if you move the gear lever further than the gate would allow?

Not familiar with the 308 setup but I've seen them adjusted on 348s which has cables and 355 which has a solid rod (which I believe the 308 has?) and neither is that tricky to do.

I had exactly this on a 360. Thought I was looking at expensive gearbox failure, it was just the cables needing adjustment

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

The 308 has rod linkage. The link308_gear_linkage.jpgage is exposed at the back of the flat underfloor. There is an adjuster held in the correct position by left and right hand threaded nuts which tighten against the adjuster to hold it in the right position. I have twice had that slip which meant I lost 1st and reverse (1st gave me 3rd and reverse gave me 2nd.

Dave, give me a call and I'll talk you through it.