What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

348 Re-trim

Pete, car looks great but you must be heading to 50k now (including original car price). You could of bought mine for that...
:)

Pete, car looks great but you must be heading to 50k now (including original car price). You could of bought mine for that...

Don't. Had the great idea of sitting down and working out how much I had spent with original car price, respray, all the initial mechanical work and work to get her half way decent, Topaz detail to get her looking really decent, retrim, carcoon, other bits and bobs.........

Then thought **** it, screwed the piece of paper in a ball and went and had a glass of wine instead. :)

Last edited:
Only bit still to do, Yoshi Shields arrive in the post on Monday, then she's done. Totally undecided whether they'll go on, will just see how they look when they get here.

AJ, just noticed your first responce :) Does sound like a lot, doesn't it?

Truth is, when I specified what leather I wanted to use, which costs up to twice as much as some out there, and the level of detail I wanted, ie absolutely everthing done, it all adds up. Because I wanted so much done we had to buy 2 cream hides and 2 black. Things I learned were that to get those back parcel shelf sections and the bits inside the rear roof arches out isn't as easy as it sounds, I believe you have to go in from the engine compartment which all takes time. Also to get the sun visors redone wasn't just recovering them - they had to be reconstructed as the cardboard inside (yes, you read that right!) had given up the ghost. I wanted them to match the rest so couldn't just buy new ones. The one thing I did save on was the fact that I wanted to give a different carpet a go, bit of a punt but thought I'd try something a little more plush. If I had gone for a Ferrari set it would have cost £1200 plus fitting just for that.

Quotes wise, I got some others. One was for "above £10,000 for that kind of work." from a place down in East Anglia. My local Ferrari Main dealer said they could get it done by the trimmer they used, no money going to them, but for that type of leather etc it was going to cost almost £3k for the seats alone and they were probably less than 25% of the work.

So yep, pretty pricey but took the decision to get it done to a pretty high standard with top quality stuff. Unfortunately that costs a bit. :)

Pete,

Wow! The interior looks absolutely fantastic. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

You pay for what you get and the price was less than I'd have expected for all of the work done.

The main thing is you are delighted with it. Like anything you soon forget what you pay if it is right and if it is wrong you get reminded every time you see it.

M

Looks like new ;-')

Thanks Jeff. Have to show you it in the flesh sometime. :thumbsup:

Pete,

Wow! The interior looks absolutely fantastic. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

You pay for what you get and the price was less than I'd have expected for all of the work done.

The main thing is you are delighted with it. Like anything you soon forget what you pay if it is right and if it is wrong you get reminded every time you see it.

M

Thanks, Mike. Got to say it does look a whole lot better than before. What you can't really tell from the photos is that it feels an awful lot different as well. Very happy with it.

Looks really good Pete. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

It must be intoxicating just to sit inside the car looking around with the smell of new leather.

Sorry but I have to say just one thing, your car etc but the seat belt pads really spoil a very tasteful immaculate interior.

Don't think about the cost if you are satisfied with the result and happy, just enjoy. :thumbsup:

Funny you should say, Terry but was looking for alternatives. Can't bring myself to have the belts scrape over the leather which they would do without the pads. The guy who did the interior has said he can make me something up out of the leather that's left over but I'm not really sure what would look good. Any ideas?

Very Nice

Lovely job... This must be one of the nicest 348's about now..... It also makes me feel not so guilty when I spend a few quid on my car lols:thumbsup:

Pete

I'm really pleased for you. You've put your heart and sole into your car as well as half of Fort Knox! The re-trim looks absolutely fabulous. Only one problem - you've just got to do the suspension now..................before the piggy bank runs out!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, we really must have a 348 meet next year - never quite happened this year. There are a great deal of really fabulous 348's around now - so much good work is being done on them at the moment.

Lovely job... This must be one of the nicest 348's about now..... It also makes me feel not so guilty when I spend a few quid on my car lols:thumbsup:

Thanks. Back when I was looking for a 348 I said I wanted one that lived up to how I had imagined my car would look when I had dreamed of getting one as a teenager. Got to say I've now achieved that so I'm chuffed. She's not original, the soft matt dash etc does look a bit different, but it's how I want it which is all I was aiming for. Took me a while to get there but I now own my dream car.

Adjust the white balance on the camera or in pp.

Thanks for that. :thumbsup:

Pete

I'm really pleased for you. You've put your heart and sole into your car as well as half of Fort Knox! The re-trim looks absolutely fabulous. Only one problem - you've just got to do the suspension now..................before the piggy bank runs out!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, we really must have a 348 meet next year - never quite happened this year. There are a great deal of really fabulous 348's around now - so much good work is being done on them at the moment.

Thanks Clive. Think the suspension will have to wait till my wife forgets I promised that "this is it, no more." etc etc. A 348 meet sounds great, definitely up for that. Funny what you say about the work being done on 348s at the moment - several recent resprays, few people getting the interiors done - and at the same time every time I look at the breakers yards there's another poor 348 in bits. It does seem like the 'fleet' is slowly getting smaller and maybe even getting tidied up a bit at the same time.

Had time now, just "cool" the white balance off a tad, this is dropped by -20.Not sure if it is a true likeness as I have not seen the seats, but hopefully, you see what I mean.

Nose retrm.jpg

What do you think, Terry, bit better? Actually I'm with you on this, I think the other ones were too 'bling' for the way my interior looks now. Rather than looking cheap, these ones actually are, were a couple of quid from Halfords. The flash I had to use because my car is in the garage actually picks them out a bit, without it you wouldn't really see them at all. Maybe I'll 'upgreade' to leather but to be honest these ones actually look pretty good (in that you don't really notice them at all) and will do the job fine. Cheers for the observation, was a 'top tip'. :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 283
Bother l knew I could have got the retrim done for less. As it says this is just about as good as a retrim. And as you can see from the picture it's absolutely spot on, is compatible with airbags, arm rests and other factory features (those idle chaps at Maranello must have missed those bits off my car) and gives your car a stylish look.

http://www.topseatcovers.com/ferrari-seat-covers/348/ferrari-348-seat-covers.html

Anyone tempted - I'm dying to see what they look like. :laugh:

p.s. No one has them, do they? If so, sorry for taking the mick........:)

Edit: They do them for a Dino and a Daytona. Please tell me no one has them on their Dino ........ :shocked:

Last edited:
Pete, im so very envious of your car now. It looks fantastic. :thumbsup:

I really need to get started with mine soon, but i dont think i'll try those seat covers!