What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

355 exhaust bypass valve

Ade

We all know they alway rattle. Its been said before, I know, but dont EVER bother putting another Ferrari one in. Complete waste of money, as they just start rattling again.

Mine was playing up again recently, I didnt want to wire it open as I like the sound change at 3500rpm. One of Joe Macaris mechanics spent 5 minutes with it modifying it slightly, and the rattle completely went. No cost to me. Ive done 400 miles since and no problems at all.

Anyone else had there one modified?

Ade said:
We all know they alway rattle. Its been said before, I know, but dont EVER bother putting another Ferrari one in. Complete waste of money, as they just start rattling again.

Mine was playing up again recently, I didnt want to wire it open as I like the sound change at 3500rpm. One of Joe Macaris mechanics spent 5 minutes with it modifying it slightly, and the rattle completely went. No cost to me. Ive done 400 miles since and no problems at all.

Anyone else had there one modified?

Apart from setting them up correctly, the only "mod" I was aware of was to lightly tap the disc so that it closes fully and therefore doesn't rattle - any idea what they did?

Ferraritech said:
Apart from setting them up correctly, the only "mod" I was aware of was to lightly tap the disc so that it closes fully and therefore doesn't rattle - any idea what they did?

Normally, they lightly tap Ade's wallet until some money falls out. Looks like they did something different this time !

I'd love to know what the mod is too. I think mine rattles a bit, as does my bypass valve.