What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

355 Mystery control box

robcarter

Hi

I was about to remove the centre console on my 355, and i have found a small metal bos marked motorola, does anyone know what this is, it appears to have been fitted after the car was built as the cables are wrapped in pvc tape.
There is another small plastic box at the side, top of the picture connected to it.

20120515_212609.jpg

Has anyone ever seen one of these before, a quick net search didn't reveal anything special, Is this big brother keeping an eye on me I wonder?

rob

I maybe barking up wrong tree, but my search came up with a bluetooth device for a motorola v300 series phone

I cant view the picture, so clearly am giving my answer based on the imfo i have read (Motorola/plastic box). But here's an idea.
I use a few box devices on my cars and bikes that I can ring and locate them via GPS.
Each device has a phone sim card inserted and all I do is ring it and it appears on my PC maps.
Could this box you have be the same?