What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

550 Maranello tyre sizes

mon the fish

Administrator
Staff member
I've always struggled to get rear tyres in the correct size for my 550 and have had to use Bridgestones the last few times.

I want Michelins, and noticed a 550 for sale with 285/40 Michelins on the back, which I can get in a PS4S. Has anyone run rear tyres in this size? Standard is 295/35 for info.

I've been on the tyre calculator thing and I can cope with the difference in radius etc

Last edited:
I have the Michelin Pilot Sports on my 550 in the correct sizes. According to the Michelin web site they do not do tyres specifically for the 550 but I did notice that they did the correct sizes albeit for Porsche. I have had these on for a couple of years now and are way better than the Bridgestones and Pirellis previously fitted, particularly so in heavy rain.

Thanks. Any idea where you got them from?

They were done by my local garage who has done work for me and my company over the last 45years or so, KNM Motors in Morley, Nr Leeds.
The fronts are 255/40 R18 Pilot Super Sport 95Y, Rears 296/40 R18 ditto 103Y
The fronts were replaced last year at a cost of £472.80, the rears in 2021 at £622.80 (all incl balance, tyre disposal, vat)