What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

AIB Insurance Welcome Tom!

As said above guys, I've been in touch with AIB, why don't we await their responce. I've done it through email rather than via a phone conversation to avoid any more 'he said, she said' and have it in black and white ........or perhaps a shade of grey. But at least it'll be their words and not my interpretation of them. Let's see what they say.

Pete have you had a reply/response from AIB?

Pete have you had a reply/response from AIB?

Yep, I got a reply fairly sharpish. AIB said they'd like to post an explanation/apology themselves, they said they were drafting a reply last weekend so I was expecting it to be posted early this week. If we see nothing this week I'll chase it.

I'll just reiterate something I said earlier - although I've become involved (and others in the forum management have said I was daft to) this really isn't a committee matter. We knew nothing of any discount AIB say they offer when we accepted them as sponsors, the offer is not in fact linked to CS as AIB have said they offer this discount widely. The discount is solely between AIB and some of its customers. I don't use AIB so have no personal interest in this matter.

As you can see, I am shamelessly distancing myself from this but more to the point I'm distancing the committee. It's possible that because I'm on the committee and I've become involved (merely to try a draw a line under it) people will come to the conclusion that this is something to do with us. It simply isn't. While we try to do the best for our members and take responsibility for cock-ups we make, we're not going to accept anything to do with this one as it's quite simply nothing to do with us and we're not a trade union out to fight for the individual rights of our members.

That said, if we see nothing by this weekend I'll get onto them for you :thumbsup:

Yep, I got a reply fairly sharpish. AIB said they'd like to post an explanation/apology themselves, they said they were drafting a reply last weekend so I was expecting it to be posted early this week. If we see nothing this week I'll chase it.

I'll just reiterate something I said earlier - although I've become involved (and others in the forum management have said I was daft to) this really isn't a committee matter. We knew nothing of any discount AIB say they offer when we accepted them as sponsors, the offer is not in fact linked to CS as AIB have said they offer this discount widely. The discount is solely between AIB and some of its customers. I don't use AIB so have no personal interest in this matter.

As you can see, I am shamelessly distancing myself from this but more to the point I'm distancing the committee. It's possible that because I'm on the committee and I've become involved (merely to try a draw a line under it) people will come to the conclusion that this is something to do with us. It simply isn't. While we try to do the best for our members and take responsibility for cock-ups we make, we're not going to accept anything to do with this one as it's quite simply nothing to do with us and we're not a trade union out to fight for the individual rights of our members.

That said, if we see nothing by this weekend I'll get onto them for you :thumbsup:

Thanks for the update Pete, forgive my ignorance, but what is the committee for? Someone must have agreed that AIB could be sponsors and there must be T&C's which all sponsors agree to before they can be promoted on this forum (or any forum).

Why would the other committee members think that you're being daft, when all you've done is to email a sponsor requesting that they clarify what appears to be a misleading statement, regarding members (that is those of us who actually pay the forum) discount.

I have been using AIB since before they became a sponsor, I always shop around at renewal time and they have always provided the service that I require, however this discount matter needs to be nipped in the bud, for everyone's sake.

Thanks for the update Pete, forgive my ignorance, but what is the committee for? Someone must have agreed that AIB could be sponsors and there must be T&C's which all sponsors agree to before they can be promoted on this forum (or any forum).

Why would the other committee members think that you're being daft, when all you've done is to email a sponsor requesting that they clarify what appears to be a misleading statement, regarding members (that is those of us who actually pay the forum) discount.

I have been using AIB since before they became a sponsor, I always shop around at renewal time and they have always provided the service that I require, however this discount matter needs to be nipped in the bud, for everyone's sake.

Essentially the committee is mainly to ensure the forum is run smoothly(ish). Yes we approve sponsors, we decide how the money they pay is spent on behalf on the membership and we monitor (when we have the time) their activity on the forum. Hence me trying to help out a little here.

Had this discount been in any way linked to us agreeing to AIB being sponsors then yes, we'd be all over it. But it isn't. We didn't know they would choose to offer any discounts to some of their customers and those customers don't get their insurance from AIB through us - we're not a 'middle man' in the transaction. It's wholely and totally between AIB and yourselves and nothing to do with the committee or CS. As has been pointed out AIB say they offer this discount to numerous people who insure through them, not just CS members.

So yes, the committee is there to try to keep the forum running smoothly and I stepped in here simply to help get an answer for some club members, but we're not really here to 'fight the corner' for those members if they feel they've been misled in a transaction made with a separate entity. If there was strong enough feeling from the majority of members we could look at whether we continued the sponsorship next year and in extreme cases could, I suppose, pay a sponsor's money back, withold that money from the charities we would normally pay it to next year and drop them as a sponsor. But that could get messy as we may have to prove wrongdoing rather than say some individuals felt misled. Having spent days and umpteen 'friendly' emails with legal representatives of a certain London dealer who alledgedly had some SOR snags and dealing with what was written about them on CS, I would advise the membership not to go down that route. I don't have time for that **** again :)

On behalf of the rest of the committee I'd publicly like to thank Pete for his work on this [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Still going to get blamed if/when people don't like AIB's explanation, aren't I ......... :coat:

:laugh:

Pete - "just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that no one's out to get you":shocked: I cannot think of why anyone one would be looking to blame you for asking a sponsor to clarify and/or explain the discount that they appear to be offering, if anyone is rude or abusive about your involvement then should be barred from the forum:wink3:

I suspect that AIB will say that the 15% discount was an error and then either blame the computer or a new member of staff who will be taken outside and shot:cry3:

Was just said in fun, Geoff :)

But after 3 years on the committee the 'trend' I have noticed is that we often get blamed when people don't like how things are going and ignored when they do. Doesn't really bother me and isn't something I didn't know before taking it on. Not reallyany different from any area of life, is it? No issues here :thumbsup:

Still going to get blamed if/when people don't like AIB's explanation, aren't I ......... :coat:

:laugh:

Dont worry Pete is thick skinned and has the guts to take it ............. have you seen the gear that some golfers wear :grin:

Afternoon all,

Firstly, I am very sorry if this has caused anyone any distress or misunderstanding or issues for the club itself. Our aim is simply to provide a very be-spoke, personal service, with the right cover at the most competitive price possible. We work with lots of clubs and are almost solely sold on recommendation so these relationships are crucial and never taken for granted.

It’s been drawn to our attention our promotional wording used on this club’s site was very slightly incorrect. This has now been corrected but we would like to take this opportunity to thank those who highlighted the issue and to sincerely apologise. No malice, no agenda, just an over keen marketing person trying to be helpful. Sorry.

To clarify on the discounts, we are a broker and as such use a host of the UK’s leading insurance companies. Given our relationships with many owner’s clubs we have negotiated various discounts and unique facilities with insurers for club members. Insurers want to deal with ‘pools’ of similar people so if you have obtained our telephone number via Club Scuderia some still honour that discount for non-members that view the site (providing everything else fits). This tends to only apply to the modern super car. This discount is no different to length of ownership discounts, limiting the mileage, garaging, security and so on. Where you’ve got our contact details from is a very relevant question we ask.

Obviously, lots of you know us well and already insure with us (and we very much appreciate the business) so you’ll know we’ve had a relationship with Club Scuderia for many years and we had a similar relationship with Club Scuderia prior to that, all be it via a previous broker.

It’s always worked very well as CS members typically know and enjoy the cars, have a history driving similar cars and value our service and product selection which means the insurers also make a return. It’s virtually impossible to find similar type of pools of people on comparison sites or alike which is why we enjoy those extra healthy discounted rates and why we (the insurer and us) want to attract similar type of people.

I’m rambling so will wind up. Simply said, sorry. Thanks to everyone who’s taken insurance with us (most for many years) or given us the opportunity to quote but should you want to discuss this further, or feel aggrieved please email for the attention of Darren at info@aib.co.uk alternatively if you do need an insurance quotation please call 02380 268351 or visit www.aib.co.uk

My goodness some people are taking their insurance too seriously!

I think that's understandable given the state of the 'market' and the behaviours of some of the participants.

For many it is the single biggest expense of this hobby. Add the cost of a tracker or two and additional cars and it is soon a massive number.

I find it as enjoyable (not) as choosing mobile phone contracts while someone hits me on the head with a hammer.

If anyone took it to the high street and showed with transparency what they are offering and 'tailoring' to your needs they would clean up.

You can lose half your life 'shopping around' and the variation in the deals is ridiculous.

The best thing that can happen is consumers start sharing want they are paying and force the market open through their transparency and buying power.

My goodness some people are taking their insurance too seriously!
Ahh, I had missed the quote option so my reply was out of context. I was responding to Pete and other CS staff getting hassle over the response of sponsors. "As you can see, I am shamelessly distancing myself from this but more to the point I'm distancing the committee. It's possible that because I'm on the committee and I've become involved (merely to try a draw a line under it) people will come to the conclusion that this is something to do with us. It simply isn't. While we try to do the best for our members and take responsibility for cock-ups we make, we're not going to accept anything to do with this one as it's quite simply nothing to do with us and we're not a trade union out to fight for the individual rights of our members."