What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

another little purchase

An identical one was on a low loader parked outside my house the other day. Is this an end of run special?

dear oh dear ! .............clearly Nigel is trying to stock up on new Defenders.

worst Vehicle I have ever bought - and servicing , well it costs more to run than my 430 , and that's saying something.

mine's done 17k and last service was 850 :shocked::shocked:

but , having only paid 26 new 4 years ago I was offered 22 cash only last week :hmmm:, so you never know they might go up.

trouble is there are thousands of them out there

Iconic:thumbsup:

I have to admit why would they put a break in production of 2 years? :hmmm::hmmm: Nice marketing ploy to whip up demand...
It's worked:grin::grin::grin:

I have to admit why would they put a break in production of 2 years? :hmmm::hmmm: Nice marketing ploy to whip up demand...
It's worked:grin::grin::grin:

oh good then my little 90XS will go up in value - trouble is they last forever !

dear oh dear ! .............clearly Nigel is trying to stock up on new Defenders.

worst Vehicle I have ever bought - and servicing , well it costs more to run than my 430 , and that's saying something.

mine's done 17k and last service was 850 :shocked::shocked:

but , having only paid 26 new 4 years ago I was offered 22 cash only last week :hmmm:, so you never know they might go up.

trouble is there are thousands of them out there

My neighbour recently bought and flipped his autobiography edition red/black one of eighty and made £20k dealer wasn't too pleased but his now just bought his partner an Adventurer edition from another dealer, think this one is a keeper though

Last edited:
My neighbour recently bought and flipped his autobiography edition red/black one of eighty and made £20k dealer wasn't too pleased but his now just bought his partner an Adventurer edition from another dealer, think this one is a keeper though

oh well - I missed that boat too

They are indeed :thumbsup:

They are of course as common as muck out here in rural Lincolnshire........ Well maybe not as common as muck but then again, we have a lot of muck.

Great vehicles, massively capable off road - every RAF airfield has several and have spent many a fun hour 'inspecting' old bomb revetments and hiden away corners of the 'estate' as well as checking for ice on Harrier landing pads - ie doing donuts on the tin. Mate of mine rolled one once doing that - takes some doing in a Defender. Interesting radio conversation with the tower too:

"Tower, Rover one. Has SATCO arrived in work yet?"
"Rover One, Tower. Negative."
"Tower, Rover One. Good."
"Rover One, Tower. Do you have a........ Rover One, my mistake, SATCO just arriving."
"Tower, Rover One. Bollocks."

Perhaps only Carl can truly picture the scene.

They are indeed iconic. Why oh why are they stopping making them (the new ones will be defenders in the same way as the new minis are minis imo). Maybe it's a bluff so they can sell lots of last ever models before announcing a change of plan. With the greatest respect for Nigel, Lee and any one else who've bought them I hope so....... though I don't think so. No more Defenders - a sad turn of events :cry:

Ha.ha...many a story like that....but not me. I spent a few years running a 110 up and down gibraltar, as part of the bird control unit. On a few occasions tried to copy living daylights .scary! One thing i would say. Always park in gear as well as handbrake. Watching it roll 50yards down hill and stopped by rocks on the turn.😮.i was just glad it had solid steel bumpers! It was never noticed when i returned to the tower😃😃😃

Brylcream Thread

Dear Mods can we please have a special thread for these Brylcream boys, I don't think that I could stand too much "chocks away" banter on top of their 348 ravings:cry3: